• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid Florwriduh Breakkie RTE, Sunday, 15 Sept

SteveJ

It's time for the last breakfast ride to eat of season. For this one, we shall enjoy the ambiance and down right good cooking of Sparky's in Astor, home of the "light" Daytona Mike breakfast.  Those that attended the last RTE here will know about this.

Sparky's Place
24646 Florida 40, Astor, FL
(352) 759-2854

Let's figure on eating at about 10, with meetup from 9:30 on in the parking area. Schmoozing is good.

Anyone wanting to meet up at our place is more than welcome. The coffee will be on at about 8:a.m., with departure at 8:30. We will be taking a bit of a meandering hour long ride up, at a "moderate" to slightly brisk pace.

669 Woodview DR
Tavares, FL. 32778
(352)-3four3-9ll7

An RSVP for attending one or both locations is appreciated. Post up here, a PM, email, phone call, smoke signals, Pony Express, or sign up on the event calendar.

All are welcome, COG or not. As always, your participation is what makes these events happen. Thank you.

Note: I will be traveling(riding)  :motonoises: until Labor Day, with sporadic access to the web. I'll not be at the phone number above until then, also.

Am supposedly off that weekend, will try to make it.

Am going to do the Fall rally w/ bike if able.
Yea, not so good news right now....... :( :( :(

BUMP!!

:1rij:

Bumpity            Bumpity

:08:

Jo said:
                                                      Bumpity            Bumpity

:08:
thankya thankya

Sorry all, last minute (kind of) change...will be working this weekend and my "weekend" will be Mon and Tues.
See you later somewhere...

:'(

Jo

You'll have to get Doug to tell some stories about our late night parking lot social times at the ID rally. Huh....imagine that, all the late party people were SE members. That hardly ever happens  :mad:

Hello Steve & everyone else

RSVP alert. Craig and I are riding out of Gainesville (Fl) to meet you in Astor.  See you there.

Ride fun.
Roy

We had 17 show up, filled Spark's up pretty good. Food was great, the folks that work there, even greater. Pics were taken.

Nice show of riders.Wished I could have made it, but it's not too bad having to rider all of the Colorado western slope roads either.
How lucky is FL to have Steve Johnston do his thing? I'd say pretty damn lucky.      Al

I think Florida is lucky to have BOTH Steve J and Al Norcross to keep all these activities going on. See Y'all in December.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Great time at Sparkys, got that one book marked for sure. 

On my way home I had an issue with the battery on my bike going dead.  I had stopped at a local station on the way back to Oviedo.  I am at the corner of know where and know where, you know what I mean.  All I needed was a jump start to get me home.  Well, the standard tool kit does not have the allen wrench to take the inner battery cover off the bike, to be able to jump it. So, I call AAA and they would not work with me on "special tools" needed.  I give SteveJ a call, but know one was home.  I did not leave a message, I hated to bother him, just a me thing.  A few minutes later I receive a call from Steve's wife.  She had seen a call come in and did not recognize the number.  She gives me a call !!  I explained that I was in need of assistance and I was thinking Steve was the closest member to my location.  While we were on the phone, Steve arrives home and I explained what was going on.  Steve turns around jumps back on his bike and comes to my location, about a thirty minute ride for him.  Steve had the tools and jumper cables to get me going.  I really appreciate your help Steve!! 

This is just another example of the quality of the  COG organization and the members that make this  organization unique.  The next chance I get I will be defiantly be paying it forward.  :great:

And I will be upgrading the stock toolset .. 

Greg T.

mr t said:
I think Florida is lucky to have BOTH Steve J and Al Norcross to keep all these activities going on. See Y'all in December.

Tom Taylor COG#7173
Thanks for the kind words Tom. With such great SE members, all of the SECOG Leadership Team work hard to keep our members happy. I might see you in the NE before you get to FL. I've got an itch to see my buddy Steve Smith and all of the other NE riders. A small window between Barber and my rally has me thinking about a ride north. Nope....never was much of a leaf peeper.    Al

Saturday,  play golf for St Jude.  On the way home gas the bike for Sunday Ride.

There is a company truck that sits in front of my house because we do emergency repair work.  4AM Sunday morning  the  company phone rings.  I don't believe it, we haven't had a call in in over a year.  Go to work and get done around 10AM

mr t said:

Tom Taylor COG#7173

^^^^^^  +1 x infinity

Checked my tool kit and even used it to pull the battery just to make sure, everything is there to pull a C-14 battery.

Yes, I will have the salted brontosaurs slab with...  All of your eggs..  And yes go ahead and serve it on a medevil shield

Daytona_Mike said:
Yes, I will have the salted brontosaurs slab with...  All of your eggs..  And yes go ahead and serve it on a medevil shield

I love that pic.

Great place, great folks, great food. And frugal. Works for me.

Damn that looks like a great breakfast..........says the guy that's been on a diet for seven weeks and has lost 27 lbs.