• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid Flowriduh Breakkie RTE, July 20th

SteveJ

Time for another breakkie RTE. This one will be at River Ratz, in Nobleton, Fl. at 10 a.m., Saturday July 20.

29295 Lake Lindsey Rd. (CR 476)
1-352-796-7176

http://www.nobletonoutpost.com/river-ratz-cafe.html

Bring cash, as they have $20 minimum for using plastic.

They will be open, despite what the web site says.

They also have canoe and kayak rentals and a shuttle, if you're so inclined. Details on the web site. Also, there is a river side bungalow for rent, if you're so inclined.

An RSVP is greatly appreciated for this event. We have a choice of inside or outside seating. If you have a preference, please let me know. And let me know if you are swinging by our place. Our addy is 6six9 Woodview Dr, Tavares, 32778.

Also, coffee will be on at our house. Folks wanting to wander over are more than welcome, starting at about 8:45.  We'll be taking a non freeway route over. We'll attempt to leave by 9:15(hopefully). Note; the coffee is provided by the COG slush fund, so a thank ya to IronbuttAl, controller of the Southeast COG slush fund.

I think that's about it. They have good chow, fun wait staff, great atmosphere, pretty location, bike parking, and quite frugal menu pricing. What's not to like?

Weather forecast: hot, humid, chance of afternoon showers. It's summer time in Flowriduh. Come on out and sweat with everyone else.

Okey-doke. Work schedule says I'm off for this one. Put me down for a cup of COG slush coffee please.
Inside or out, doesn't make much difference to me.
See ya!

Gonna be away in Ga, but I will try to make the ride for the next one...it's a bit of a ride from Boynton Beach, but hey, I've ridden further to see friends and eat good food!

Y'all have fun!

Fun area..come on all plan to see you there!!!

:whoo:

:06:

If you can't make it to Thomasville, GA next week, maybe you can do this?    Al
                                                BUMP

Steve,

I am trying to line up the "ducks" to attend ... I will confirm closer to the date ... I would expect to be at your house at 0845 ...

Aussie said:
Steve,

I am trying to line up the "ducks" to attend ... I will confirm closer to the date ... I would expect to be at your house at 0845 ...
Coffee will be on.

Coming back from vacations in Colombia... very fun riding a LOT of curves in the mountains... very wild...

I am thinking on attending this event... may be I would try to book the Bungalow to come back on Sunday... anybody from South South?.... could stay at the Bungalow also...

JP

Juan, just stay with me Saturday night. I'm close by for this ride, and have plenty of room. Anyone else from south FL is welcome also.      Al

IronButtAl said:
Juan, just stay with me Saturday night. I'm close by for this ride, and have plenty of room. Anyone else from south FL is welcome also.      Al

Now there's an offer.

Fearless Leader, way cool.

I recently was made aware that there will be goodies to give away, courtesy of the Concours Owners Group. Your dues money at work. :great: :great: :great:

Thanks to IronbuttAl.  :beerchug:

Steve,

Well I need to be there then ... to continue my winning streak ... :rotflmao:

I'd like to thank COG for the ROK membership that I won last time ... What a great prize! :beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
I recently was made aware that there will be goodies to give away, courtesy of the Concours Owners Group. Your dues money at work. :great: :great: :great:

Thanks to IronbuttAl.  :beerchug:

Ok, gonna try and make this one.  Want some of those goodies! >:D

I am going to try to make  coffee by 8:45.
See you then

Ok, gonna try and make this one.  Want some of those goodies! >:D

I am thinking on attending this event... may be I would try to book the Bungalow to come back on Sunday... anybody from South South?

Fun area..come on all plan to see you there!!!

:whoo:

:06:

And others that I may have missed, cool.

The entourage leaving my place will likely not arrive at River Ratz until slightly after 10:00. It seems that I cut the time a little close on this. I did call and reserved an area for about fifteen people, under the name of Steve(go figure, right?).

The house will be a bit of a disaster as the wifey is not getting home until Friday night from a three week odyssey in Minnesnowta visiting grand babies and such. I can still find the coffee pot, so all is not lost. :great:

Weather looks normal, high of 93 after a low of 77, and typical sea breeze showers in the afternoon. It's time to get out there and sweat, yeehaw.

See all y'all there and here.

Finally I arrived yesterday from San Salvador...

I think I should leave today from Miami and spend the night close by... Just making plans right now...

By the way... have you seen the broadcast of Tour de France?.... a LOT of Connies.... is the official motorcycle of the Tour... also it was for the Giro DÍtalia...

See you there...

JP

JP said:
Finally I arrived yesterday from San Salvador...

I think I should leave today from Miami and spend the night close by... Just making plans right now...

By the way... have you seen the broadcast of Tour de France?.... a LOT of Connies.... is the official motorcycle of the Tour... also it was for the Giro DÍtalia...

See you there...

JP

Something good can come from the French...

Hello SteveJ (and all)

I plan on being at your house for the start Steve.  Looking forward to it.

Roy

roader said:
Hello SteveJ (and all)

I plan on being at your house for the start Steve.  Looking forward to it.

Roy
Hey Roy. Long time no see. Looking forward to seeing ya.

Good to see all there that were able to make it, missed a few that had hoped to attend, perhaps next time.
Good to meet Jack from Jax,.
JP and Mike you were missed, were your ears ringing?
Some sprinkles for a few but of course a good time for all..good food and coffee.
:08:

Jo said:
Good to see all there that were able to make it, missed a few that had hoped to attend, perhaps next time.
Good to meet Jack from Jax,.
JP and Mike you were missed, were your ears ringing?
Some sprinkles for a few but of course a good time for all..good food and coffee.
:08:
Yup, eleven(or was it twelve?) hardy souls braved the weather and endured the five minute shower and  temps in the mid 80's to enjoy a fine, frugally priced venue. Nice view of the Withlacoochee from the dining room. Pic was lifted from River Ratz website, and we sat inside. And the river looks nicer in person than that pic.

enjoying-lunch-on-the.jpg

Swag, courtesy of our grand poo bah, was given away, stories were told, and one bike was rescued form having no juice when it was time to leave. (Bad main fuse.)

Thanks to all that came out, we'll do it again soon.

Steve ... Thanks for arranging this ... It was good to see all the guys and girls ...  :beerchug: Giveaways were good too ... And thanks to Roy for leading part II of the ride ... I just got home in time for it to start raining :)

Aussie said:
Steve ... Thanks for arranging this ... It was good to see all the guys and girls ...  :beerchug: Giveaways were good too ... And thanks to Roy for leading part II of the ride ... I just got home in time for it to start raining :)
You were led by one of the best, Roy really knows his roads. :great:

How did ya like Istachatta and Gobbler Dr?

The wife told me we were on Gobbler ... But other than that I was too busy keeping the bike on the road to notice the names. All the roads were great! Some really nice curves to accelerate through ... And great scenery ... We sure have a lot of lakes in Florida. Elizabeth had a great time too.

Aussie said:
The wife told me we were on Gobbler ... But other than that I was too busy keeping the bike on the road to notice the names. All the roads were great! Some really nice curves to accelerate through ... And great scenery ... We sure have a lot of lakes in Florida. Elizabeth had a great time too.

:great:

It was really nice meeting up with all of you.  Had a little rain but nothing heavy till after I got back..  First mid florida RTE and taking some swag home!  Can't get much better!  Looking forward to a RTE up in the north.  See you all soon.

Another great COG get together! A little rain never hurt anybody, right?

Thank you Steve for puttin' it together and making the coffee.

Van man said:
It was really nice meeting up with all of you.  Had a little rain but nothing heavy till after I got back..  First mid florida RTE and taking some swag home!  Can't get much better!  Looking forward to a RTE up in the north.  See you all soon.

Just how far north do you want to go?  There's another RTE next weekend in Blairsville, GA at the Hole in the Wall restaurant:

RTE set for Saturday, July 27 beginning at 11:00 AM. 

Here's your address information:  Hole in the Wall Restaurant
                                      Address:  90 Towns Square , Blairsville , GA  30516
                                        Phone:  706-745-5888

See registration details here: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=189272&mo=7&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013-07-07%27%7D

Besides the food, there are a FEW GOOD ROADS to be had in the immediate, and not so immediate, vicinity.  :motonoises:

ready2ride said:

Mike, yer quite welcome. Good to see you again.

I got to the bike to leave and had a failure to launch issue. SteveJ, like a good wing man, stayed while I changed my main blown fuse. It was good to see everyone, and especially Mike Schmidt, Dave Armstrong, and Jack Colnaghi ( sorry for the spelling Jack ).  Thanks Steve.      Al

IronButtAl said:
... It was good to see everyone, and especially Mike Schmidt, Dave Armstrong, and Jack Colnaghi ...    Al

Aw shucks...
    now where's that blushing guy emoticon .. 

SteveJ. said:
ready2ride said:

Mike, yer quite welcome. Good to see you again.

I can't say it any better than Mike. Thank you Steve for cranking these out. It was good fun.