• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mid-Flowriduh scheduled once a month week night RTEs?

SteveJ

I'm kinda kickin' this around. I have no venue in mind. Prefer a place with a separate group room. Probably 6 or 7 to 8 or 9 pm. Keep in mind, darkness would come into play for riding.

This would help out the folks that cannot meet on weekends, for sure.

Thoughts on yes/no and/or a place?

Edit to add: This would be in addition to the irregularly scheduled weekend RTEs.

This could be a good idea. I have found places like Golden Corral work well:

a) folks can come and go as time allows and,

b) many times during the week they have a separate room available.

Cost for the evening meal there could be a deterrent for some of us more frugal COG types.

Holy Batman, Mike in a photo and now a post. Good to see you out and about buddy.

You have a very good idea there SteveJ. I think some members liked the mid week ride we did some time ago....was it Mt Dora??
Good idea....yes.  Time....between 6 & 7 to allow getting there after work and back home at a reasonable time. Theme night....Mexican, then Chinese, graze at the "Corral" to see what everyone likes most. I can get a cheeseburger at home. One meal bought by the SEAD as an incentive/reward.
Do what you do best buddy..........run with it. And thanks.  Al

:Woot_Emoticon:

:13:  good idea....

And they could they be roaming around the state>>if others want to assist with the idea... (hint)

Jo said:
:Woot_Emoticon:

:13:  good idea....

And they could they be roaming around the state>>if others want to assist with the idea... (hint)

You sure you want COGgers roaming about the state after dark????

Let's see if we can get this going a bit. The thinking is if we just do one place/area, this whole thing may get stale. To borrow from Jo, lets try to set up a rotation. Something to keep in mind, we will be dealing with darkness. Riding anywhere near Ocala Forest or Wekiva Springs is pretty much out.  Bambies and black bear at night are just not good. The theme restaurant idea is cool, thanks Al(hugs and kisses).

I'm thinking the following areas.

Daytona/Sanford
Orlando area
Lakeland
Tampa area
St Pete(?)
Melbourne(?)
Sarasota(?)

I would like volunteers to find a place and kind of head things up on the local level. Need help/any questions, post up or send a PM if you would prefer to be shy.  ;)

If we do not get participation, probably looking at Lakeland or Orlando as a regular spot as they seem to be in the middle of nowhere it all.

Any more thoughts, other locations, post up.

Keep in mind, Al has come up with COG funds to kick this off. Al, how about Don Shula's or Berns in Tampa to start with? >:D >:D Somehow, I doubt those will float, figuring over $100 per person at Berns, and I don't think Shula's is on the low end either.

COUNT ME AND MY NIKON "IN" FOR THIS
bigthumb.gif

Steve

We used to do this in Jacksonville, back when Dave Sturgis was our ADD. We basically met once a month at a prearranged venue. Since there where a quite a few connie owners in that area we usually had a pretty good turn out. Now that I haved moved down her out side of Tampa, I was hoping to get something like this started also. So I am all in and will help out in any way to get this puppy up and running. The biggest hurdle is how spread out all of the mid Florida guy's are compared to Jax. But I am sure we can find a few places that can fit the travel area for all of us.

Todd, good to see you're still floating around here.
If all you riders in the Jax area did something a little south of the city, it woud be easier for all of us in the west central and central part of the state to attend. Keeping something like SteveJ wants to do fresh is pretty easy if the location keeps changing, because this type of ride seems to grow stale if not moved. Why don't you give SteveJ some suggestions on some place south of the city that might work? Any help will be appreciated I'm sure. I'd like to see all of the Jax riders sometime together myself. We have a couple of new members in your city by the way. It would be a good time to get them together with everyone else.        Al

First one Lakeland where we had the dyno day. They have a good place there with good food, can't remember the name. Did I here that Steve J is picking up the tab for the first ride? :beerchug:

We should all be buying SteveJ's meal for all the good work he's been doing for SECOG. But we ARE discussing having COG ( me ) buy someone's meal at these events. I'd rather buy your meal than pay for your "beverage" tab :)                      Al

Not sure of the hours and it is close to the Ocala forest ( :loco:) ..but what about 3 bananas?, Tarpon Springs area, Dade City or  ummm I'm thinking  (rough day so it is harder than usual)..

If I could throw in my 2 pennies...  There's a lot of restaurants that have mid week bike nights.  It would be pretty cool
to have a COG ride in to some of those.  Frugal members can schmooze the lot, hungry members grab some grub.
I know of 2 or 3 ride-ins in Brevard alone.  COGgers can also hit a close-by eatery before/after hittin' the ride in,
if a more organized meal is preferred.

Discuss....

Good place. I've had a ride or two there, and one year Larry had his Last Blast there. Rider friendly, on the water, casual atmosphere, and good food.    Al

Marty, thanks for putting your thoughts down.
This is a good time to remind everyone; we've got a very active and knowledgeable SECOG Leadership Team working hard to keep all of our members in the SE busy and happy. If you have an idea or suggestion regards a ride or destination, please get in contact with an AAD that you know or is closest to your location. They will either take the ball and run with it or will help you develop that ride and post it for you on the calendar. It's your call on how involved you wish to be with the idea, but please make sure to give it a chance. It's pretty obvious by the number of entry's on the SE calendar that there needs to be some coordination on dates involved, so I ask that everyone please run everything through me before posting. A busy calendar is a good thing. We just don't want competing dates on rides, which is a disservice to event hosts and everyone doing event planing. Thanks all.      Al

I'm still here. I've been getting good feedback, both here and back channel.

Because of how spread out this rotating area is I could really use a volunteer or three for areas that I can not get to all of the time. Think Tampa, for sure, as that can be a two hour ride each way for me, depending on location. That will pretty much not happen on a week night.

Time frame. Things are a bit hectic for me right now, so this will probably not happen until after the first of the year.

Also, Tom M, and Larry B, if you want to get in on this for your areas, let me  know, here or a PM.

Thanx to all.

OK, stuff is hapenning, the date has been set as the second Wednesday of the month, looks like first on will be around Plant City. Would really like to have the Feb one in the Daytona/NSB/Sanford area, any suggestions on a place? Preferably with a separate room for us. I've heard Brian's Barbeque in Deland is quite good, anyone know if this place will work?