• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MN Tech Session / Swap meet / Pot luck

LSGiant

Get together to do a little wrenching and share some knowledge in Brian Heiple’s heated garage. Possible projects include, C14 Bar Riser installation, Reprogram CPU on C14, and other items if arranged. Contact Brian Heiple if you want to bring a bike. Please bring a dish to pass and your own beverages. When: November 28th 2014 Where: Coon Rapids, MN 554448 Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Swap meet also. If you any motorcycle related items you would like to sell or trade please bring them.

Brian's contact information can be found at the link below.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=226416&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272015-11-26%27%7D

Anybody need anything special done to their bike or would like to see a specific type of maintenance performed?

I have a trailer and will be coming up from the south so transportation can be arranged.

I can demo an FJR oil change, or a C10 carb cleaning, or just sit and eat  :beerchug: :103:

sininja said:
Clutch fluid flush?  Mine is pretty dark, especially compared to my brake fluid  ???

I can bring the Mity-Vac brake/clutch bleeder. You bring the Dot 4 fluid, brake cleaner.

Tundra Tom said:
sininja said:
Clutch fluid flush?  Mine is pretty dark, especially compared to my brake fluid  ???

I can bring the Mity-Vac brake/clutch bleeder. You bring the Dot 4 fluid, brake cleaner.

If the Mity-Vac is available I will flush my clutch and brakes on the FJR. 

Brian said:
Tundra Tom said:
sininja said:

If the Mity-Vac is available I will flush my clutch and brakes on the FJR.

Mity vacs suck.

Want me to bring a second one?

We are also going to have a little swap meet.

I have Rick Mayer saddle and some gloves I will bring.

For the Swap Meet -

GIVI Monokey Mount (E128) for a C10
GIVI  e52 Top case - Works with the e128 mount
Joe Rocket Ballistic Jacket  men's XXL
First Gear Mesh Jacket Woman's XL

Brian said:
Only 3 people registered,  who else is coming?
LSGiant said:
Get together to do a little wrenching and share some knowledge in Brian Heiple’s heated garage. Possible projects include, C14 Bar Riser installation, Reprogram CPU on C14, and other items if arranged. Contact Brian Heiple if you want to bring a bike. Please bring a dish to pass and your own beverages. When: November 28th 2014 Where: Coon Rapids, MN 554448 Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Swap meet also. If you any motorcycle related items you would like to sell or trade please bring them.

Brian's contact information can be found at the link below.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=226416&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272015-11-26%27%7D

For some reason, we have notoriously bad luck getting people to go online and register..........but expect we will have quite a few more show up than sign up.  See you all there tomorrow!

Thanks Brian for hosting it was great to see the guys.

Fun things I learned
Next get together Northbound Smokehouse Brewpub December 12th
A new COG member upgraded from a Yamaha X1100 to a C10
You can pickup a Surface Pro 3 for less than $500.00 this weekend
Zumo 660lm GPS can now be had for a little of $300.00

For you folks sitting on the fence about coming to an event please note their is much more to be learned, shared at these COG events than just talking about Concours.

And the food was spectacular.

A big thank you to Brian for hosting. The only negative is my hands got so dirty wrenching I had to scrub them raw.  :rotflmao: