• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

modulator & hyperlite install

flying wasp

Bicycle
Got my signal dynamics headlight modulator and rear hyperlites installed. Love both the products. The headlight modulator went in quick even with my meaty paws,small hands and wrists will make the job easier. It is a plug and play system and even the non mechanical could put it together in less than an hour. The hyperlites on the rear are to me a great safety investment. I have them flashing for 5 seconds when the brake is a applied and then they go full stop. I like that if your at a light you can always let off the brake and then re-apply as a vehicle is approaching you from the rear. I went beyond the instructions and soldered all the splices and then shrink tubed them. I had 2 pieces of 2mm thick aluminum cut to 40mm x 60mm with a 5mm hole drilled in it and they fit perfect on the side reflector bracket. Anybody wants help or questions answered? Just ask.

This is the same first mod I did to my C-14 when I got it,  I pulled off the 2 reflectors on the license plate bracket and stuck the hyperlites there,  works like a charm and the headlight Modulator DOES make a difference in my opinion!!!

Mad River Marc said:
This is the same first mod I did to my C-14 when I got it,  I pulled off the 2 reflectors on the license plate bracket and stuck the hyperlites there,  works like a charm and the headlight Modulator DOES make a difference in my opinion!!!

Didn't you have a slight problem with the wiring on the hyperlites that day you mounted them?

My rear hyperlites got installed on the bracket that holds the side reflectors. The bracket is the one the 4 rack mounting bolts thread in to. The lights are then vertical and on each side of stock tail light. They make the stock tail light look like a candle flickering in the wind. When I looked where to mount them, I thought right on the back side of the reflectors. There is not enough surface on the round reflector, so I had the 2 little plates made. The plates are held by the threaded rod coming out of the reflector and I put a few dabs of JB weld to keep them from rotating.