• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mt Rainier Nat'l Park ride

danodemotoman

COG 2877
Mon two retired guys rode thru Mt Rainier Park on an awesome day of roads and views. Yes, shoulda snapped more pics.

Roland Vetter

Roland's FZ1 and the mountain

Dan's B King and the mountain

Cool Dan,
              We just got back from cape perpetua Sun-Tues, back to the grind :beerchug:

Nice pics and great ride! Going to do a ride to Rainier this Friday before the weekend crowd. Might do a ride later to St. Helens end of the month.

Dan nice pics!!!  Miss that place!!!!!  Rob, make sure you post some pics when you do that ride.  My favorite hang out when I was a kid was Meridian Pt, looking out across the Puget Sound staring at the Olympic Peninsula as the sun was setting and reflecting on the water.  Oh, those were the days. 

Long day for me, but worth it. Not that much traffic and great weather. The entrance fees are rising, but it looks as if maintenance and repaving should startup after years of underfunding. Now that I have my admission paid I'll check out some other parks. During the week is the best way to see Washington in summer. Just have to get up earlier to make breakfast( at Rainier).

Hi Robert,

Post the ride, might get some company if you like.

robertv said:
Nice pics and great ride! Going to do a ride to Rainier this Friday before the weekend crowd. Might do a ride later to St. Helens end of the month.

robertv said:

Robert, I would not mind tagging along on my C-10, If you'd have me, It is not too far from Forest Grove. :)