• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Murph Kit Front tip over bars

Kengatorfan1

Bicycle
I just got Murph kit front tip over bars and I was hoping someone who has them might be willing to educate me on the finer details of the "how to's" of the job.  The "easy" instructions are not so easy to understand.  HELP!

Hi Ken, you may have better luck if you posted this in the Concours 14 Accessories section...... maybe the moderator will move you.
Once you have your project done could you post pictures?

No Problem to move the post, but are you sure they are C14 bars?

There are a bunch of pictures that Murph already supplies with the C10 kit.
I installed them on the CFO's scoot, it was pretty straight forward, but then I guess I'm not your average wrench  8)

99 concours 1000 :  Please don't move the post unless you think I will get the correct answers elsewhere.  Yes there are pictures on the installation instructions but I was hoping that someone who has already done this would give me some pointers/shortcuts/pitfalls to avoid/etc.

The best place for the answer would be in the C10 accesories section. I don't remember enough to give you great answers. It's been 6 or 7 years since I installed mine. And that bike isn't around any more.

Bob

Ken,
I put the tipover bars from Murph on my '99 last fall.  Would highly recommend the use of a flex-ended 5/8" (16 mm) stubby ratcheting wrench to get at the top bolt on the front bars.  And the use of painter's tape to protect the plastic.  Install was time-consuming but relatively hitch-free once I had the flex-ended wrench.
Cheers, 8)

You can also bend a box end to about 45*.  I did this when I first installed mine, but I use a box end swivel ratchet now.