• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

MURPH'S LOWER PEG BRAKE PEDAL ISSUE

RICHKAWI

I installed these pegs on my '15 C14 and am very happy with the foot positioning. Lowering the shift lever was an easy fix. Lowering the brake lever has proven to be much more difficult. I turned the adjusting bolt all the way in, but that didn't lower the lever enough. The adjusting bolt seems to be too long, as there are still a few threads above the lever body. I can source another (shorter) bolt or should I just remove it altogether?

I'd like to hear thoughts from the collective.

Wrap a wet rag around the upper part of the pedal and then heat it up with a torch so you can bend it to suit. Previous member did that on a C10.

Thanks to both of you. Removing the nut won't help because the threaded shaft has bottomed out against the brake pedal assembly with about 3/8" of exposed thread. Shortening the shaft by cutting it is an option but may still leave the pedal too high up.
Seems the best fix will be to bend the brake pedal. I ordered a new one to bend just in case I end up breaking or screw up in some other way.

Reactions: Bud