• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Muzzy fans

twotones105075

I was able to score on a set of new NOS muzzy fans for the concours 1400, did i need them No but more air flow never hurt anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_130935_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_130935_Gallery.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 21
Was it NOS just sitting on a store shelf somewhere or does Muzzy have some in stock?

I have fan switches on a car I own so anytime the traffic slows I can get a head start of keeping the engine temps in the normal range. I would think it would be worthwhile to do the same with the Connie because it gets hot pretty quick when the weather is warm the speed is slow or stopped.

Interesting that both fans are identical in size!
I would think that's a good thing...

Has anyone ever had an overheating problem?

I live in South Florida and never an issue,

I just changed the coolant for the first time on my 2011, and new hoses, green,

From what Steve said, we have a 140-degree thermostat; why so low???

I would like to know the actual temperature.

Hey Cuda, I live in hot & Humid South Carolina, never overheated and as long as the cooling system is properly maintained you can avoid issues.

Ole Rob Muzzy was a different kind of businessman, a Great team owner, and did pretty well for a while sponsoring a few ZX12R, and Zx14 Drag bikes here in the South! The ZX used a large single-cooling fan and when drag racing after making runs on the return road was normal for the bike to be in the 200 + range and after shutting it down would heat sink and boil over.

Muzzy has been selling aluminum cooling fans since the 90s to go along with his large tube headers for the ZZR11, 12, and 14, but the upper primary tubes would run pretty darn close to the cooling fan and would get it so hot-warping the plastic and causing it to lock up. many ZX12 - ZX 14 owners were not aware of this until it was too late.

Muzzy did not build fans for the Concourse 14 but instead packaged two ZX14 7.5"size fans with instructions on how to modify the brackets and cut the left fan to size 5.5" and rebalance it...................... It never worked and you ruined your left-side fan.

The attached pictures are of the right and left side cooling fans on the Concours 14 the left side is 7.5 inches and the right is 5.5 inches.

As far as why the ZX14 and Concours 14, or just about all large displacement motorcycle engines use 144 degree thermostats.

last week posted to Steves thread and attached a copy of an email explaining why, low temperature thermostats are utilized in large engines with small radiators.

please read it and if you have questions will do my best to answer.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: