• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My C14 is off the block, not picked up for deployment

SuperBee

Moped
**Hello all.  I didn't get picked up amazingly for this deployment so me and my Connie get another summer together.  Thank you to everyone who expressed interest and to those who shared their well wishes.  Ride safe.  SB**

Hello all,

Uncle Sam's Army has dialed my digits for a possible (90% assurity) deployment to Afghanistan in July/August of this year.  I'd rather see my C14 go to someone who'd ride it rather than store it for 12-15 months.  So, if you are looking to purchase a C14 in the next few months please keep mine on the radar.  I go to SRP (soldier readiness processing) this month to get the go/no-go for mobilization and should have orders in late-May or early-June after which I will post her up for sale.  It may need new tires by then as the OEM Brigs are still on her, but they are looking really nice so for.

She's pretty much stock but here's the goodies that might go with or get sold before hand:

Corbin front/back w/backrest
CeeBailey Ultra Dome
Murph's risers
Alaska sheepskin
Clearwater Glendas
Stock seat
Stock windshield

Also will have some gear to sell:

Shoei RF-1100 Medium (Silver)
Shoei X-12 Medium (White flowered graphics)- new
Cardio G4 BT comms (pair that is already installed on both Shoei helmets)
Aerostich Darien pants size 36L w/2"added below knee
And...possibly:
A super sweet Motoport Ultra Mesh II kevlar jacket in yellow/grey that is broke in and in 9.95/10 condition (size 44L).  It has the heated liner with remote controller and the regular liner.  This is a pricey jacket so be serious and do your research before asking about it.  It is well worth the price/value IMHO. YMMV.

Thanks for reading.  If you think you'll be interested in anything send me an email at joe.barresi@me.com.

Ride safe,

SB

Interested in the risers and RF1100 in medium. Possibly the jacket. Not often used jackets sized below 3xl are listed.  :)

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I have received their emails and have responded accordingly.  SRP was a go for mobilization for me so I'm waiting for orders.  As soon as those drop I'll change the listing to FS instead of FS soon.

As for the Glendas, they didn't' come in black at the time I ordered.  They are dark bronze and hard to tell they are anything other than black really.

If/when orders do get printed, I will contact everyone on prices for individual farkles and for the price as whole.

Sorry to string this out...Uncle Sam is toying with us a bit.  Only 40% of us received a go for mobilization (typical for the Nat'l Guard) and our command is waiting for the real Army to tell us what and how many are needed.  Last rumor was an all male mission, ten 12-man multi-discipline, senior MOS/tenured NCO teams (I'm the medic), sent to train the Afghans on how to do this Army/Police/Medic/Field Artillery/general defense of country stuff for themselves so we can get the hell out of there for good.  In country dates span from 18 June to 14 November 2012 and anywhere in between.   

I will take good care of my Connie until orders are printed, and thereafter of course for her next rider.  Won't part her out before then though.  Thank you all for the good luck wishes and of course your patience with my FS post.

If the deployment poops out (it could, budgets and politics, yada yada), I'll keep her and get a new set of PR3s and exhaust...just saying. I thought about just letting her go with this post and maybe...very unrealistically maybe, getting a Beemer K1600, but then I came to my senses and realized status doesn't mean s*** to me. There's already too many snobs in my neck of the woods. I won't add to that quotient. And beside, the Connie kicks sweet ass! ;-)

Ride safe y'all,

SB