• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My first saddle Sore 1000!

Nottacop

Did my first Saddle Sore 1000 Saturday the 27th all in the great state of Texas. These C14’s are AWESOME! I got a membership to the Iron Butt Association which I have been thinking about since hearing about it in 92’.
Here are some stats of the ride times:
4.27.19 - 60/92* Sunny all day
Original starting mileage 23,768 4:30am / end 24912 10:00pm
= 1144 miles (1841KM)(17.5 hour day)

Actual Saddle Sore 1000
Start at Shell DFW airport north 5:32am - 23805
End at shell 24875 / 9:07pm
= 1070 (1722KM) 15:34- (I think)

Great ride and great weather. If you haven’t tried something like this you may consider it. It’s all about the preparation. My newly acquired Corbin Seat was perfect.
Saddle Sore link:
http://mctourer.com/rides/2019/LD_DallasTX/Stadium%201000%20Ride%20Instructions%20%282019%29.pdf
IBA link:
http://www.ironbutt.com/

Congrats!!!!!! Have to watch for the sand trucks between Monahans and Fort Stockton.....and the sand trucks on US 67 between Rankin and Mertzon!!!

Those guys ignore stop signs. :-\

Great ride Andre!!!!!!!!

Craig

Great job!!! I've done three, but the 3rd one I did was this past Mother's Day. It was the only one that I've actually done the paperwork for. I rode from ATL. to San Antonio for a total of 1,038 miles in 20 hours. I ended up stopping on Slidell, LA and strung up my hammock to take a nap. Then I hit a thunderstorm in Lake Charles, and finally more rain once I hit San Antonio. It was a great trip.

Wow, such a trip has been on a lower-priority bucket list for me, for years now, but seeing this stirs an interest again. Thx for sharing.

Well done, hope to hear more!  Not something for me, b ut like to know of your activities in IBA.

Thanks guys, it was fun. I treated it like a day at work. I even had a chance to eat on the bike. Mile 700 was the hardest part but heading home was always motivating after a 20 minute rest. I’m currently working on an unofficial ride I’m calling the Hill Country 750. Meet in Hillsboro Tx at 6:00am and ride down to the Sisters. Do all three and ride back to Hillsboro in one day. We will see how it goes. 😎👍🏼