• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My ride on the Dragon

OMoaC

Bought my new C14 in Rockingham NC in August of '11. On the way home (Henderson NV) had to ride the Dragon. So much hype. Beauty road but IMHO can't hold a candle to Ortega Hwy in So Cal. My first try at video editing. Be kind. Please to enjoy.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wYowcCf_g4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dang... another one I can't watch because of music copyright issues  :mad:

Sure sounds like you had a good ride though, Old Man!  8)

ChipDoc said:
Dang... another one I can't watch because of music copyright issues  :mad:

Sure sounds like you had a good ride though, Old Man!  8)
For those that prefer or can't see because of copyrights? Motor noise and wind only.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SjbLTOMwvxc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old Man on a Connie said:
For those that prefer or can't see because of copyrights?

Youtube say's the music used violates copyrights of one or more of the following organizations - WMG, SME or UMG.

Nice ride, Shame you got hung up by those guys at the end, you had a nice rythm going.

looks like the rider in front of you near the end of your video is wearing a helmet camera of his own.  Don't blame either because the views looked so nice when you were there.

What day of the week were you on the Dragon?  I plan to ride it on Saturday morning after Nationals end.  I heard weekends are busy with traffic.

ManWorkingHere said:
What day of the week were you on the Dragon?  I plan to ride it on Saturday morning after Nationals end.  I heard weekends are busy with traffic.
You sure heard right.  If you must ride it on Saturday, early in the morning is your best option.  Later in the day, try the Cherohala Skyway.  It's a great road, and you get some spectacular views rather than running through the woods the entire way.  The Skyway has places you can pull over and enjoy yourself too.  And the Skyway is also MUCH longer then the Dragon, so fill your tank before you begin.

Thx ChipD. Did it on a Monday Morn. The guy's at Rockingham sport cycles ( a great dealer with good folks) said it was a knee dragging zoo on the weekends, They were right. Hit the beginning about 4p on a Sunday just to see and it was still zoomied out. Early Monday and zero traffic. It is a nice road and wish I could hang for some more of the Blue ridge but...............next time.

Nice job on the video!! I can't wait to get down there and ride it again.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I don't mean to be a buzz-killer but the safety guy in me has to point out that you crossed the centerline about 13 times before you ran up on the group ahead of you. Admittedly, traffic was light and (possibly) the risk minimal but it's poor riding technique. Yes, I've crossed the centerlines before but never 10+ times in 11 miles.

I'll take it RJ because your right. I love to use the whole road when I can (love the way the corner banking tightens up down low). I only use that when I can see far enough ahead though. Never, ever blind but point taken. ;) It's the so cal canyon rider youth coming out sometimes. Just can't always keep that animal at bay.

That's not the dragon. After how many times I rode it.  I don't remember most of that scenery.  :))

All fun aside. It is amazing how the turns do not seem to come at you as fast or tight when your not the one riding the bike. Plus you can actually look around when you don't have to worry making the turns. Are you sure that's 129?  :)

Yessir Cap'n. Unless I fell prey to someones bad joke. Check the beginning of the vid. Right hand side is the resort. Got the rest but you tube limits you to 15 minutes unless you join something or other. ;)