• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

My yearly New England trip

Cap'n Bob

Well this years yearly New England trip started off pretty poor. Literally. It rained almost all day yesterday. I had the C14 prepared last week, so it was clean and shined. We'll that ended when I left for the trip in the rain. It rained for almost the first 100 miles. Then is stopped. So I rode another 30 or so miles to Bennington, VT. That's where we had breakfast. After breakfast it was sunny and 70 degrees. The rain gear stowed, we were on our way. What we didn't plan on was it dropped 12 degrees in ten minutes and the rain slowly started again. But we pressed on. It rained harder and harder and appeared to not want to stop. So we pulled over already fairly wet, and put the rain gear back on again in the rain of course. Well it rained almost all day. Even though it was only slight chances of rain everywhere we were heading but home. It finally stopped the last 50 to 75 miles. So we stayed with the planned trip and rode the notches off of rt 100 headed to Stowe VT. It never really rained again the rest of the day, but started to a few times. When we arrived at the Commadores Inn, in Stowe, we ran into a motorcycle rally. We met a great bunch of people from the New England Riders(dot)org. I may check them out. Of course The under roof parking was at a premium. Anyway after diner things got worse. Since my cell phone is Nextel, I have no service up here. So I never and still haven't retrieved all the voice messages. So I checked my email on my laptop. I got a call home now message. I call home and find out that my Grandmother had passed away that morning. So now I have to deal with that. But it looks like that services won't take place until late next week. So at this point, the trip continues. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak
2003375907710792664_th.jpg

Bob... so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you & your family. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

I just spent 15 to 20 minutes typing today's and tomorrows plans and events. But this lovely forum dumped it on me again just as I was finishing up. And you wonder why you can't get people on this Forum! By the way Steve, thank you. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak

OK lets try it again. This is the much shorter version. Yesterday was a much better day. The threat of rain was there most of the day, but never really started coming down. We rode some really nice roads coming from Stowe VT. to North Conway NH. Some of them would be much better without the frost heaves and pot hole repairs. A really good surprise was SR112 the Kancamagus highway Was fairly quiet for a Sunday. The only traffic we hit was very close to passing lanes, so it was a great ride. If you never been on the Kancamagus, it's very similar to another road you might have heard of: The Cherohala Skyway that runs between Telco Plains TN and Robbinsville NC. We got to the hotel fairly early and went to do some more riding. But as fate would have it, it started raining. So we relaxed for the rest of the day. Today the plan is to get out early and ride around Lake Winnipesauke and get back by 1:30. Then we're suppose to meet Brian Felice and Bob Field back at the Hotel. Bob live in southern NH. Brian will meet Bob on the way up. Brian is riding in from Rhode Island. The plan is to ride Mt. Washington. Brian has never been there, so I guess 6 years in a row for me is worth it. It should be a good time. Hopefully visibility will be good. Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak

I was riding with Brian yesterday - we did the Larz Anderson and then Rice O Rama - looks like a great day today here in RI hope your weather is the same up north.

Well anyway we all met up and went up to Mt. Washington. We could see the summit from Rt16 and it was nice and clear. Wouldn't you know by the time we rode up the auto road the weather had changed. It was cold (38*) and foggy. The winds were sustained over 50 MPH with 71 MPH gusts. My seat was covered in frost from the wind chill when we began back down. Of course the weather ruined the views. But anyway I just got back form my Grandmothers funeral in Boston, so it's been a very busy week. But I got the photo's uploaded and even stole some of Bob Fields (badinc1) photo's for my album. Here ya go! http://community.webshots.com/album/574718875UqbEXW Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 2008 C14 & 2003 Mean Streak