• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Mystery plastic pieces

jerrylking

OK, this is embarassing, but I'm going to ask anyway because I need help. Months ago I started tearing down my 2009 C-14 to adjust the valves and balance the throttle bodies. Also, to remove the front forks and take them to the dealer to have the seals replaced. Being the slowest mechanic in the world, and procrastinating because I was intimidated by the amount and complexity of the work, it took me months to get the job done. However, I managed to pull it off. Now I am putting everything back together, but I can't remember where the two plastic pieces shown in the photo go. The part Nos. are 14091-0841 and -0842. I managed to locate them on the Rockymountainatv.com parts diagram, and they are labeled Shroud Cover RH & LH. However, I can't match what is on the parts diagram with what I see on the bike. (Like I said, this is embarassing.) So, if someone could send me a picture of where these things go, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_195757817.jpg
    IMG_20221215_195757817.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 92
Think of them as inner panels of/and fastened to the Center Cowling (the front fairing piece containing the front turn signals) ...that might make it easier to mentally visualize where they go. The picture below is from a Gen II, the Gen 1 ('08 & '09) parts fiche isn't as clear as the gen II drawings in this area but the inner panel placement is roughly the same.

Attachments

• inner panel.jpg
    inner panel.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 49
OK, got it. Thanks for everyone's help. If these would have been labeled as "radiator scoops" in the parts diagram, it would have been a lot more obvious where they go. (Now I'm wondering why I took them off in the first place. LOL)

Last edited:
They will be. They changed the fairing shape for heat management. It was reported that the 08 and 09, would cook the rider. 2010 they changes some things to make it more comfortable heat wise...