• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nail in the rear tire, only 700 miles on the bike

buzzard53

Rode my 2016 to work today, left home an hour early just to take the back roads to the office.
All was good.
Headed back home for lunch and TPMS warning came on, 24 lbs in the rear. Made it to the nearest service station and sure enough, a big fat roofing nail about 3/4 the way up the thread, stuck into the thinnest part of one of the grooves.
Air'd up and made it home.
Not a fan of plugging M/C tires, so I'm now hunting for a replacement.
I would prefer to keep a matched front/rear set, so with that being said is there a suitable Battlax derivative other than the factory 021R that is usable on the C-14?

Thanks.