• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

National Rally Camping Info

IronButtAl

Camping is still available, and we'll be able to accommodate anyone wishing to do so. This will require doubling up on camp sites. Anyone willing to share their site with someone else is urged to contact me so we can best match up camper's with regard to tent size, number in party and where you're from.The camping fee will be the same for each tent, as the facility will need extra staff for what will be essentially an over flow of restroom user's and additional porta pottie units for the crowd.We'll all work together to make this a great camping experience for everyone involved.FVR will say they are booked when you call for camping reservations. Just make sure you're registered for the rally and we'll get this all done when you arrive. We wish the site fee's could be split like the 07 WV rally, but that's just not possible.

bump CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

So how much is the camping? I want to make sure I and everyone camping understands this, it's by tent, and not site? Really don't want to sound petty, but I guess if it's by tent that's why they are going to allow three per site. Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

$21.95 per night. http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/ClubStatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=19692 CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Yea I've been reading more, 21.95 per tent, the Fontana web page, not rally page, lists there camp site at 25.00 a nite. So I think there being pretty slick, instead of 25.00 a nite a per site, we're getting it at 21.95 per tent at up to three tents a nite. So for the folks that already booked a site, (and not a tent space), thinking they would have it to themselves, I might pull in and end up with them? Virginia Beach, VA COG 6517 03 Concours (9/11/04) 01 Concours (8/16/08) USN Retired

Tommy: No. To explain, please read what Al stated at the top. "Anyone willing to share their site with someone else is urged to contact me so we can best match up camper's with regard to tent size, number in party and where you're from.The camping fee will be the same for each tent, as the facility will need extra staff for what will be essentially an over flow of restroom user's and additional porta pottie units for the crowd." So if you have a site and DO NOT wish to share, you will not be bothered. Now if you have a site and will share it, then do let Al know and he will try to find a party that might fit in with you. So the bottom line is, you need to contact Al is you are willing to share a site or if you are seeking a space at FVR. We tried to work this the same as in 07, but it just was not possible. This is the only way we could get multiple tents per site. hth, tcars John

Ah, I'm not totally understanding the tone here.But let's be clear on this issue. We'll not turn away anyone that wants to camp.We need to step up and help our fellow COGers/campers by whatever means possible. This is a camping experience, designed to enhance the feeling of community with fellow riders, save some money,and have a good time. If you're into some privacy issues, we can work something out.But by and large, a tent is just a place to sleep. We're dealing with a resort that doesn't have a large campground, as some of our past rally's have featured. At the WV 07 rally, I was a campsite host and had three other tents with one male rider in each tent. Each of these guy's became a friend to me by rally's end. Are you getting the concept here yet? As a side bar to this whole conversation.. The facility has not been the easiest to work with. John and I have had to work through a variety of issues and problem's to this point, and we'd like everyone's help and cooperation on this camping thing. The camping option is dictated for some by financial consideration. On my end, an ambitious ride schedule. For others, it's the general economy that necessitate's this choice. We'll have some great community fire's and get to know each other. It's what camping is all about......

Al, et all........... I have reservations for my 29' toy hauler, I will be arriving Sunday / Monday time frame (need to check with my reservationist). I do not know how big the RV sites are but if there is room behind or underneath the unit I will sublet the space to a fellow COGGER :p Seriously if there is enough room I do not mind sharing the spot, even with Tommy as long as he bathes everyday ;p :p ;) :) Kurt & Sue Nordstrom Spotsylvania, VA COG 6049 & 6049A VA & WV Assistant Area Directors