• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC January Tech Session

LSGiant

I ( Brian Heiple) will be hosting a tech session / meet & greet at my house on Saturday, January 11th.

We will be working on my 1995 Concours.  It is time to put it back on the road.  If you have something you would like to do to your bike, bring it and whatever parts or fluids you need, and you will have plenty of help to get it done.  I have most tools needed.

I will have sloppy joes to eat, and if you want to bring something to share, please do. There is no obligation to bring anything, so don't feel you have to. Please bring your favorite beverage.

Bring along any motorcycle parts or gear you would like to sell, trade, or just get out of your life.

If you need directions please send me a PM

Let's start about 10:00 am and we can go till I kick you out.....no real deadline. If your project doesn't get done and needs to stay overnite and get wrapped up the next day, that would be a possibility. If you are bringing a bike on a trailer, please come a little earlier to make unloading easier.

In.

Now see, on the forum......Jeff sounds exactly like Brian!  Let's get another victim project to work on up to this one. How bout a C14??  Somebody must need to do something, eh?

I can bring my C14. It needs a new rear tire. I would love to change the fork oil but I think it requires special tools. I guess you FJR owners can just spend some time looking at a superior motorcycle. :)

LSGiant said:
I guess you FJR owners can just spend some time looking at a superior motorcycle. :)

Like this?

Attachments

• IMG_5821 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5821 (Medium).JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 100
Just a little more detail as to what is hopefully going to get accomplished at the Tech session. The carbs are currently off the 95 Concours. We hope to adjust floats, install new jets, replace needles, seats, and rubber parts. Do the "two minute mod", install the carbs and then synchronize them.

So if you are interested in how the fuel side of your C10 series bike is put together this is a golden opportunity.

And most importantly Steve of Shoodabeen Engineering  https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/ has DONATED a substantial amount of parts required for the carb work. A big thanks to Steve.

I hope to see a lot of you there.

If anyone needs my address ping me at beheipleATgmaildotcom and I will send it off to you.

My garage is heated so don't let the cold stop you from coming. 

See you on  Saturday..... Be there or be square.

I'm planning on making a presence at some point bringing some C10 gear for the merchandise table. Carl P. says he will be there, the northern boys of Brad, Todd and Kent are unable to attend with Brad needing to be in New Orleans that day, some people and their priorities. :)

I think Roger A will be there too, but of course he is too shy and reserved to say so......

Must be some Connie newbies out there....come on over and meet some local (or is that loco) folks! ;)

2Fast said:
I think Roger A will be there too, but of course he is too shy and reserved to say so......

Must be some Connie newbies out there....come on over and meet some local (or is that loco) folks! ;)

From what I can tell, below is who is coming:

lsgiant
Alex son of lsgiant
2Fast
Hamster
The "Other" "Other" Brian - we need to come up with a bitter handle
Carl P
the Wiggler
Gravy
Backinthesaddle
likesbikes

And possibly a couple of ADVer's

Thanks to all came to the our get together. 

It was great to see old friends and even better to meet new ones. I don't have firm count but I think 20 plus is close.

Thanks some much to Brian for putting up with us all. Brian make sure you thank your wife for putting up with us also.

Although we were not successful many good things were learned.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Thanks for hosting the session today Brian. Maybe we didn't get the bike running right, but look at the sunny side....we did NOT burn down the house or garage :)  And not of lack of trying :-\
Good to see old faces and meet some new ones too. See ya next weekend at the bike show :motonoises:

Attachments

• P1010987 (Medium).JPG
    P1010987 (Medium).JPG
    121 KB · Views: 104
  • P1010988 (Medium).JPG
    P1010988 (Medium).JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010989 (Medium).JPG
    P1010989 (Medium).JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010990 (Medium).JPG
    P1010990 (Medium).JPG