• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC October Wrenching Session in Moorisville NC!!!!!

If I get my carbs back from SISF in time to install and everything checks out okay then I'll join in.
So put me down as possible.
Buzz

Got the carbs back from SISF and all is good!!
New tires being mounted tomorrow so I'm in for the wrench session.
Will likely do a fork oil change and some other minor stuff. If anyone wants to do a C-10 bafflectomy I can bring hole saw and extension.
Buzz :13:

Buzz, as long as you have everything set up, why don't you go to WV with us next week?  :great:

Bumping to see if anyone else wants to get in on this party.  I was thinking of doing burgers and dogs on the grill for lunch.  that ok with others?????

....and SC guys....you can crash the party too!!!  :beerchug:

Dave,
thanks for the invite. Already have a group ride commitment with my local M/C club. Oddly enough we're headed to Summersville WV next Friday for two days riding.
Maybe we can get another RTE scheduled for the NC group while we're at the wrench session.
Buzz

Why summersville?  is there something specific in that area you plan to see?  I know the bridge is just a bit down 19 from there.

Probably Saturday I'm going to do a ride from Marlinton over to Gauley Bridge WV and loop back through Summersville on 39.  We're gonna stop at the bridge along the way.

That Friday I'm going to be on the eastern side of the state riding 39, 250 and 33.

Our club does a multi day ride to WV each year to honor one of the club founders.
Our road capt has this ride already planned with severail stops at points of interest. I do know we're stopping at the Nat'l radio telescope observatory and likely a stop at new river gorge bridge on saturday.

If you can't make it to this one, there's another one in the works for November 9th. It will be in the Raleigh N.C. area. I'll start another thread about it after I get it posted on the SE Calendar.

Buzzard said:
Our club does a multi day ride to WV each year to honor one of the club founders.
Our road capt has this ride already planned with severail stops at points of interest. I do know we're stopping at the Nat'l radio telescope observatory and likely a stop at new river gorge bridge on saturday.

The guys I ride with does it each year too.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning!  :D

Blaise and I wanted to attend this wrenching session but we'll be in NY to move our son down here to NC. Maybe we'll catch up with you guys in November.

I am thinking about going, but I was just wondering if a Clemson Tiger would feel welcome. :-\  Will let you guys know with in the next week. After I see what kind of response this post gets.  ;)

kawcon14rider said:
I am thinking about going, but I was just wondering if a Clemson Tiger would feel welcome. :-\  Will let you guys know with in the next week. After I see what kind of response this post gets.  ;)

Even Clemson fans are welcome.  Of cours, you'll have to put up with harassment and trash talk from me about our new 49er football program.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

kawcon14rider said:
What will be new? I have listen to trash talking ever ting I ended with you guys. :D

I think it would be a safe bet to make that the 49ers NEVER beat Clemson in my lifetime.  :D

It's good to have an eventual 1AA college program here in town though.  I got to see Clemson trounce Rutgers here in the BofA stadium a couple years back.  it was a lot of fun to hang with the college-fan crowd.  :great:

Guest welcome any time!

I'm gonna fix burgers on the grill for lunch, potato salad, etc.  I'll have some basics to drink, but if there is some special drink you want, let me know or bring with you.  Plenty of water, so don't worry about that.

In order to generate more interest, I'm giving away free left handed smoke shifters to everyone that attends!!!  :)

I don't want to jinx anything, but the weather is looking promising!

If anyone in the area is just looking to ride over and have lunch...sign up so I have a count.  everyone is welcome!

I understand Pope is planning a class on advanced riding techniques.  :nananana:

I'm planning to attend for the social aspect as well as to help others since the only thing I need to do on my bike is valve check, which apparently is outside the scope of a wrench session.  :mad:

Anyone doing wheel bearings or anything like that? I have a blind bearing puller if anyone needs it.

I gotta do wheel bearings on my superhawk sometime.  I may have to borrow that from you.  :beerchug:

Oh...and I'll have some beer too.  don't worry about drinking too much.  if you can't drive, I'll have someone drive you home and keep the C14 for you.  >:D

Sport Rider said:
I understand Pope is planning a class on advanced riding techniques.  :nananana:

Oh yes! There's more than one way to remove a saddle bag from a C-10 and being able to do so from another bike while both are moving is a skillset that only a few have mastered.

Dave, does this mean that you're volunteering your C-10 (and saddle bag) for this demonstration?  :D :nananana: :rotflmao:

Also...... (to all that are participating) ....
What are you wanting to do to your bike? Brake pads / brake fluid flush / fork oil change / electrical wiring of a new accessory.... etc.
Are there any special tools needed and if so, are you bring them?
If you are bring special tools, what are they?

Dave, what (in general shop tool wise) maintenance task do you already have tools for?

Not as much as I would like these days.  I do have my tire changer if someone needed to handle that.

I've got containers for used oil and fluids as needed, so no worries for fluid changes.  I have a hose for brake/clutch bleeding.  Having moved I've lost track of a few things.  I think I have a feeler gauge, but might want to bring your own.

I've got a good assortment of metric tools for general purpose use.

For me, I've got an oil leak around the oil pressure sensor to troubleshoot.  Will change oil if I can get that straightened out.

Hopefully I will have all I need to install the Badboy horn I hope to install. Open box wrench set,  allen wrench set, wire pliers and other wiring assessaries.

kawcon14rider said:
Hopefully I will have all I need to install the Badboy horn I hope to install. Open box wrench set,  allen wrench set, wire pliers and other wiring assessaries.

I have some electrical repair stuff too, in case you find a need for something you don't have.

We had a good session today. It was mostly filled with great fellowship (mostly humerus) and only two bikes being wrenched on (read this as one person working and four others supervising, yes, supervising [wink, wink]).

Yea the OLD MAN from SC had to go up to NC and show those young BOYS how to wrench on a C-14.  :-[ :-\ :beerchug: :)
No Dave I didn't make it to the beach, just to tired to add another hour to the ride. :truce:
Would like to thank Dave's wife for the great burgers and dogs.  :great: Good time had by all. Those who missed it just don't realize what you are missing when you don't attain some of the COG events. Try it you will like it.  :))

JeffP said:
I'm planning to attend for the social aspect as well as to help others since the only thing I need to do on my bike is valve check, which apparently is outside the scope of a wrench session.  :mad:

Anyone doing wheel bearings or anything like that? I have a blind bearing puller if anyone needs it.

I hope a valve check isn't out of scope because I need to check mine, and am having a wrenching session next month in Cary. :)

Hope y'all had fun!

Hey Sammie!!! How did the new horn do? Any issues with it and the front fender?

kawcon14rider said:
Would like to thank Dave's wife for the great burgers and dogs.  :great:

Yes, Denise did a awesome job.  :great:

Yes there was a miner touch. A firm push back on the horn and I was able to bend the bracket enough to correct the problem.  :great:      What did surprise me is that the wires look like the would contact 1st yet they did not touch.                                                                            The good thing about the location on the top of the fender  is that no matter how you try you can't see the small scratch.  :)
Now I know when I push the horn button other drivers will hear it.  :beerchug:

Our AAD really didn't do much all day but tell people what to do (above) and play on everyone's motorcycles.

Attachments

• DSCI0003.JPG
    DSCI0003.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 94
Are you able to see this?

https://plus.google.com/photos/101234405962142761841/albums/5935860081665067681?authkey=CN3nv9bi8_XlpQE

Good job on the photos. :great: Now Pope did do a little more than instruct and sit on bikes, how about the 3 hamburgers and 10 hot dogs he put away.  :rotflmao:

kawcon14rider said:
Good job on the photos. :great: Now Pope did do a little more than instruct and sit on bikes, how about the 3 hamburgers and 10 hot dogs he put away.  :rotflmao:

Hey! It was 4 hamburgers and 12 hot dogs!!!!! You're having those "Senior Moments" more often now arn't you!?!?  :rotflmao:

The Pope said:
kawcon14rider said:

Hey! It was 4 hamburgers and 12 hot dogs!!!!! You're having those "Senior Moments" more often now arn't you!?!?  :rotflmao:

He's still tired from the beach.  ;D

Sammie....are you coming up to the one in Cary next month?

No saving my time for Al's Citrus County Concours Cruise #7 next month. I am sure you guys will have a good time without me. :) That means you will have to find someone else to watch working. :29: :singing: