• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC - Ohio Wrench Session Saturday, April 18th

billhook

Place: Greg DeCola's home in Urbana, Ohio Date: Saturday April 18th. Time: 11:00 A.M. to early afternoon, ride to follow Lunch: Brats, Dogs and Burgers from the grill, chips and drinks Donation: I will pass the hat for a donation to cover lunch, anything will help Projects: Bill Hookman, new air horn. Greg DeCola, possibly a front tire, any others just chime in Directions: Address to Mapquest: 3501 E. St. Rt. 296, Urbana, Ohio 43078 Phone: Home: 937-653-4301 Cell: 937-508-5477 Leave messages if no answer. Please add to thread if you can make it. I will post on Friday the 17th in the evening concerning weather realated delays. So check on Fri evening to confirm. You can call me to confirm also, please leave message if i don't answer. Look forward to a full house and grill. Times: From Columbus, depending on start place 45 to 65 minutes From Dayton: 45 to 1 hr., From Springfield: 30 min. From Cincy: 1:30 to 2 hrs., depending on start location House number is on mailbox and house, Connies in the driveway. Everybody ride safe. Greg

So far, I have a head count of 10+ and except my HF "Stebel" horn install, no one has indicated they have anything they want to work on. With the weather looking superb, sunny and highs in the mid-70s, I have no problem skipping the horn install and just eating Greg's food, socializing for a little while and then going for a ride. Just in case we do end up digging into the horn, I will run the wires as much as I can the night before to cut down on what needs to happen Saturday. Attendees so far: Greg D. + some buddies Bill H. Tub M. Rick L. **** J. Jim C. Dave S. and wife Whippet56 Dave M. (probable?)

Another successful Wrench Session!!! Kudos to Greg and Nancy for being such fantastic hosts. There were at least a dozen folks there on as many bikes. And, what a mix of bikes we had: C-10s, C-14s, ST1300s, a Wee-strom, and I may be missing one, too. CRS is setting in bad. A big thanks to Tub, for getting suckered into letting me take his carbs apart. I hope the bike is running as well as it did before. You didn't come back to Greg's so I am assuming everything's fine. Even though swapping the diaphragms didn't confirm that they are the problem, it did show that they are not the problem. As strange as it may sound, though, I think my bike is running better since we swapped the slides back and forth. Aside from my carb slide swap, the only other work I saw going on was AJ installing saddle bag mounts on his Wee-strom. And, let's not forget about all the tire kicking and lie swapping. Greg put together a nice route for an after session ride and ordered up some awesome weather, sunny and in the 70s. Thanks again, Greg!!