• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NC - SE Michigan - Ride to Event: Metamora Observed Trials - Sunday May 31, noon

talcon

Hi all - I'm calling this a "Ride to Event" - the Observed Trials in Metamora, MI on Sunday, May 31st, noon.

This is an AMA sanctioned championship event put on by the Great Lakes Trials Club, Michigan Ontario Trials Association.  Should be a fun time!  There will be walking involved, so you might want to bring something comfortable to wear and walk in, food, drink, etc.  It looks like there will be concessions also. 

Great_Lakes_Trials.png

The address for the event is 2652 E. Brocker Rd., Metamora, MI 48455 - there should be signs directing you to the parking area for spectators.. admission to watch is only a dollar.  GPS Coords: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9112659,-83.2348955,16z?hl=en

The property owner, **** Debolt, has requested that if you're coming in by motorcycle, please ride in quiet.  He apparently has some sensitive neighbors.

More linky's:
http://motatrials.com/
http://moto-trials.com/

Special thanks to RWulf for the suggestion!  :great:

Attachments

• Trials-Bike-799882.jpg
    Trials-Bike-799882.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 86
I have been o the last to MOTA events this year. What a blast watching the talent some of those guys have. There are people of all ages riding. One man who is 79 is riding after a recent hip replacement! I may be out of state but if not Ill look for you there. I ride a red 2000.

delling3 said:
Looks interesting - I may try to make it if I can enough items crossed of my honey-do list.

Hope you can make it Chris!  Be good to meet you! 

Jim - hope to see you there! 

So far showing partly cloudy and cool on Sunday - high of 62 / light winds  :great:

Who's coming out?  :)

Yikes - guess there is not a lot of interest in this.  The weather forecast seems about ideal to me.  I still have to list myself in the "hopeful/maybe" group.  Really going to depend on the weather on Saturday, as they are saying a chance of showers, and I have a ton of yard work that has to be done - been putting it off too long already!

I'm a little to distracted getting ready for Nationals, plus I have a gig the next weekend to gear up for.

When you choose to go away for 10 days, that's 10 days of Honey-Dew chores that have to be completed in advance.

...at least where I'm from.  :-[

Well the forecast has changed significantly from a couple days ago... now it's going to be 48 and rain with a flood watch in effect for that area  :(  - which for me, changes this from a "ride to event" to a "drive to event" with the car and an umbrella.  I'm still planning on going..  but will call first (number in the link above) and make sure it's still on.

turbojim said:
I have been o the last to MOTA events this year. What a blast watching the talent some of those guys have. There are people of all ages riding. One man who is 79 is riding after a recent hip replacement! I may be out of state but if not Ill look for you there. I ride a red 2000.

Hey Jim,

I met that guy today!  I really enjoyed watching them... despite the cold/wet weather.  They said participation was down due to it also.  On the other hand, the riding was a bit more technical due to the grease-like mud, especially on the hillsides. 

11377350_10207008293115996_2849442402021432417_n.jpg

I thought about coming out despite the rain but, I wimped out. Lots to do at home.  There are seven more races to go this year so, hopefully I'll see you at one! That's a good group of people isn't it! Hope I can still get around that well at 79!

It's that time again, Some mighty fine trials riding for sure! I'm planning to be there Sunday!

EastSide Competition Riders Present
A MOTA Championship Event

August 2, 2015
2655 Lake George Rd.
Oxford, Michigan
Junior sections open 11am

Entry Fees 

Adult $20 includes parking
Juniors $5
Participation requirements:

CURRENT AMA membership
DOT/FIM approved helmet 
Silencer/muffler.
Under 18 MUST have waiver signed by BOTH
parents or guardians. No exceptions

Time for another trials event this coming weekend, Rose City mi. My wife and I are making an overnight of it!

EastSide Competition Riders Present
A MOTA Championship Event

August 23, 2015
Rose City, Michigan

We'll be staying in West Branch Saturday night. Maybe have a dinner ride for those of you who live in the area?