• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE area Planes and Bikes report!

Cap'n Bob

Well the June 12th Planes and Bikes ride seemed like it was going to be a bust. I had no commitments to go and rain in the forecast. Well two of us did commit rain or shine. The 8:30 meet yielded no riders. I was the only rider (not good)! Well Abbey and Ben Otunu showed up just to send us (me) off. They were in the area, but could not go because of family obligations. It was nice to see them. Since it was just me. I decided to head home for a little bit because it looked like rain, and the other person to commit, Brian Felice wouldn't be at the fair grounds until a proximately 11:30 since he was again riding in from Rhode Island. Good thing I went in for a little bit since the skies opened up once home. And it did come down! Well the rain stopped about the time I needed to leave to meet up with Brian. The weather radar showed the front now east of my house and Rhinebeck. (Perfect) So the rain gear stayed in the saddle bag and away I went. Although I didn't need the rain gear, it did make a mess out of my nice clean Concours14! The roads were wet the whole way to Rhinebeck with a few light showers. But I didn't need the rain gear. Wouldn't you know that unlike the recent meet & greets, Brian was earlier than he said. So now he's waiting on me! He also reported needing his rain gear for a little while on the way in. He must have hit the same front that came through the area of my home and the show. It was a pretty long band of rain. We went into the Antique motorcycle show and had a great time. We looked at a lot of motorcycles and parts. So much that we ran out of time. At 1:30 we had to leave to make the Air show. So we got our hand stamped incase the Air show was canceled because of weather. We arrived over at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome with a few minutes to spare. The show was still on, so we went in (and did get our $5 discount from the motorcycle show). We had a few minutes and decided to grab a quick lunch from the snack bar since we totally forgot to eat. Well the air show went on as squealed. The whole "team COG" (both of us) was entertained by the air show. After the show we talked with the pilots and then checked out the museum that I had planned for before the show. Anyway we left a little after 5 PM. Brian and I split form there. He headed back to Rhode Island in the opposite direction that I was going. We both wanted to make time before round two of the storms came in. It actually turned out to be a great day with the sun coming out for the air show! I took a good amount of photos of both the Antique Motorcycle show and the Air show. You can view the photos with the following web addresses: Rhinebeck Antique Motorcycle show: http://rides.webshots.com/album/577936378lpcELs Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome - air show: http://community.webshots.com/album/577935101DBzgMV Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg