• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

NE MA,ME,NH,VT End of year social -Sat Nov 10th, Monson, MA

ghabel

The Habelloys (Greg, Tracey Habel and Pat and Sher Mulloy) will be having our end of year social at Pat and Shers house in Monson, MA on Saturday November 10th. 

We'll share the fun times and adventures of the 2012 riding season, brainstorm ideas for 2013, and announce the winner of the Roadside America ride contest.  

Your hosts, the Habelloys, will provide the main course and non alcoholic beverages.  Please bring an appetizer or dessert.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=172881&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D11%2D03%27%7D

Outstanding! Signed up and looking forward to it.

Is this a 'human only' thing or can other critters (or parts thereof) take part as well?

Brian

Greg Habel said:
The Habelloys (Greg, Tracey Habel and Pat and Sher Mulloy and Angel) will be having our end of year social at Pat and Shers house in Monson, MA on Saturday November 10th. 

We'll share the fun times and adventures of the 2012 riding season, brainstorm ideas for 2013, and announce the winner of the Roadside America ride contest. 

Your hosts, the Habelloys, will provide the main course and non alcoholic beverages.  Please bring an appetizer or dessert.

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=172881&mo=11&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D11%2D03%27%7D

I will pass along the invite- thanks.

As far as Angel and Mr. Elkhoof, I am not sure she would take him in the amusing manner he is displayed. Besides, she already likes my bike best of all motorcycles on the planet and we would not want to bias her even more....  ;D

That reminds me- tell Sher that I met up with ALL the dogs last weekend in Boothbay, ME. From one of those ridiculous Chinese things with the big, arced ears and the poofy tail (he started off pretty nasty but I figure he was just embarrassed) to a pair of show Samoyeds, to a pair of German Shepherd Dogs (beautiful although the big female GSD was rather intense about that treat bag :)  ). I fed and chatted with all of them but lost count of how many that was.

Brian

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Hi Brian,

Kirby & Mr. Elkhoof are more than welcome to attend. I'm sure Angel would LOVE to meet Mr Elkhoof too!  :D

:06: Bump - The Habelloys along with "official greeter" Angel are looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it to the end of year social.    :welcome:

Please sign up if you haven't already done so so we can get an accurate head count for the food.

-1  :mad:

School event for one of the boys means Andrea won't be able to join us.  I'm still planning to attend at this point......  ???

Strangely, I feel that I'll be able to attend, but might be too sick to go to work that night...

Weather looks good so I'm thinking of riding.  Might be reconsidering that decision on my way home, though...  ;D

Well there will be at least one Andrea there.

:)

Brian

Brian_Kellett_NH said:
-1  :mad:

School event for one of the boys means Andrea won't be able to join us.  I'm still planning to attend at this point......  ???

Yep, the weather looks great for this time of year; should be in the 40's for the ride up and at least mid 30's for the ride back. Andrea and I are not worried about the cold but Mr. Elkhoof has that stiff wrist joint....

Brian

Outback Jon said:
Strangely, I feel that I'll be able to attend, but might be too sick to go to work that night...

Weather looks good so I'm thinking of riding.  Might be reconsidering that decision on my way home, though...  ;D

It's great to see more people signing up for the end of the year social, looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday  :06:

We had a great time, as usual, at the Malloy's event. It was great to see so many people show up. The only down side to the whole thing is that it really is the end of the season and we probably won't meet up again as a group until early next spring.

A special thanks to the Habeloys for putting this event on and having everyone to their home (Pat and Sher in this case but Greg and Tracey have hosted the gang also at other times). I think everyone would agree that in the middle of a great group of folks, the 'Habeloys' stand out as especially nice and hospitable. So thanks again for hosting and just being active in the COG community. Even Angel (the Malloy's dog) is great and was able to help me out last night with the excess of Milk Bones I happened to have in my top box.  ;D

Brian

Thank you Brian for the kind words.
It was our pleasure to have all you folks out to Pat and Sher's place.  Tracey and I enjoyed ourselves once again in this COGmance (COG romance) because of all the great people in our area (and beyond) that we get to buld and cherish memories with.
Thank you everyone for bringing apps and desserts.  They were yummy!
Congrats to Wayne Geisser for kicking butt in the Motorcycle Photo contest in which throughout the year he visited 17 of the 20 landmarks I had picked throughout the corners of MA, ME, NH, and VT.  Second place wasn't even close (4 or 5 out of 20) - maybe next year I'll try a little harder and give Wayne more of a challenge!

We enjoyed taking you down memory lane 2012 with a slideshow Sher put together.  Good times folks!

Keep those suggestions coming for 2013 activities.  E.G.  Scavenger hunt, impromptu rides, rolling unrally weekend.  We unanomously agreed the "Cat Joke" cannot be topped.  I typically plan the locations starting in December.  We like when people suggest things they will truly enjoy doing.  No dirt roads please!

John McLean offering his place to camp in Ontario, Canada (COG goes international!) was very generous.  We'll be thinking on how we can pull that one together for a long weekend maybe in September. 

Tracey and I are talking about doing a season kickoff social in Feb 2013.  Might even be warm enough to ride!

Thank you to all who attended this social and also for all the yummy apps, snacks & desserts
that you all brought along. It was great seeing you all again and we look forward to the next
COG gathering in the near future.

We had representatives from Canada, NY, NH, RI & MA and we really appreciate the time that
you all took out of your busy schedules to attend, That's what makes this such a great group to
belong to.

Hope you all had a good time, We sure did.  :)