• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(NE) MA - Weekend In the Berkshires - June 8th - 10th 2012 - Lee MA

ghabel

Bump.
Room rates are guaranteed only till may 1st.  Make your reservations ASAP!
Plus the weather forecast is looking great!

Plenty of tourist attractions in the area for couples.

Hi Greg.  Anne and I hopefully will meet you for lunch at Bennington Station.  What time do you anticipate arriving there?  We will then follow you back on the return ride, stay for a little while, and then slab it back to the camper for the evening.

Tom

TMK45 said:
Hi Greg.  Anne and I hopefully will meet you for lunch at Bennington Station.  What time do you anticipate arriving there?  We will then follow you back on the return ride, stay for a little while, and then slab it back to the camper for the evening.

Tom

Looking to be there by noon. The ride route there is only about 1:45 plus a 30 minute rest stop.  Leave the hotel at say 9:30 am.
The ride back is 3 hours plus a 30 minute rest stop at the top of Greylock.  Then a 15 minute stop at the little monument thingy a couple towns over.

The long range weather forcast is looking great!  No rain, perfect temps, low humidy, no traffic, no crazy drivers, even the cops are taking the weekend off!

We just added 2 more people to the weekend; new COG members at that!    :)

We're at 6 couples attending and climbing!

A nice affordable weekend away in the Berkshires.

Just look at the picture of this road saying - come ride with me!

We met up with Coop, Lu, Paul, and Laurie before dinner to chat it up at the hotel.  Paul and Laurie are new COG members on their first COG event.  Paul just picked up a 2006 C10 and Laurie's rides a Can Am Spyder.  We had a nice dinner in downtown Lee at Arizonas followed by beverages back at the hotel on the picnic table. 
Tomorrow we will make the call on the route based on weather.  With any luck we can get in a view from Mt Greylock. 
Anyone joining us for the ride?
Wish you were all here!

Greg,

Sorry we had to miss this but the work schedule prevented us from even coming along on
the ride. How was Arizona's? Where are Paul & Laurie from? Got a pic of the Spyder?

Hope you all have a great time and get some kind of view from the top of Mt Greylock.

Paul and Laurie are from Brimfield.
No pics of the Spyder yet.
Mt Greylock was awesome as was rt 2 from ny to ma. 
Arizonas was pretty good for a chain restaurant.
Our motel was clean, good service, and inexpensive at $59 a night (COG pricing).  Prices triple once Tanglewood gets underway shortly.

I wish I could have gotten out for a ride to meet you at Mt Greylock.  This was my first weekend off since Spring Fling and had to knock of some stuff from the "to-do" list.

S Smith said:
I wish I could have gotten out for a ride to meet you at Mt Greylock.  This was my first weekend off since Spring Fling and had to knock of some stuff from the "honey-do" list.
fixed that for you Steve...
Turned out to be a pretty good weather-wise weekend. Glad to see some of the faithful got to enjoy it...  :great:

Camper Dave said:
S Smith said:
I wish I could have gotten out for a ride to meet you at Mt Greylock.  This was my first weekend off since Spring Fling and had to knock of some stuff from the "honey-do" list.
fixed that for you Steve...
Turned out to be a pretty good weather-wise weekend. Glad to see some of the faithful got to enjoy it...  :great:

You got THAT right...

Dang! Can not view slides how on iPhone because it uses Flash....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just viewed them at home on the computer.  Looks like a great time. 

Greg,

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like you all had a good time and the weather held out for
you as well. Looking forward to meeting up with Paul & Laurie at a future COG function.

I agree; we had a great weekend.  Greg and Tracey put on another fine event! :)  While the weather didn't cooperate completely it wasn't too bad and we got the rides in without mishap.  Thanks guys!