• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Nederland CO ride

cafet100

Mini Bike
Hi I went on a ride Sunday 19th Jan with Peak to Peak riders (just 5 of us as the others wanted watch some football match that was on!). We rode from Longmont up to Nederland for lunch and then on to Estes park and back down to La Porte. Windy but roads were clear. Worst part was my trip from Cheyenne down and then back - side winds at 60MPH.
They are quite fast riders - mix of bikes.

If you live in  the top half of colorado a good group to join - meetup.com is where to join up. No charge.

Nice Pat!

I love that section of road - the Peak-toPeak Highway - it's a beautiful ride and generally not too busy. We stay at a cabin up there every summer for my birthday. I'm guessing you left out of Estes on 36 through Big Thompson Canyon? That's another incredible drive/ride.

Two more would be toward the south end of the Peak-to-Peak, Coal Creek Canyon or Clear Creek Canyon. Both are great, with nice twisties, though you don't ride either one fast (they're pretty significant thoroughfares). Unfortunately Coal Creek was one of the places really messed up by the floods a couple months back.

Still farther south on P-to-P takes you to Deer/Bear Creek, and Pleasant Valley (these bring you out to the west/southwest of Denver). Lots of great riding just west of Denver. Nederland is a cool little town.

I'm sure your ride back was something - once you get between Fort Collins and Wyoming the wind is almost always kickin!

Sunday was a great day for a ride - we did a short one out of (downtown) Denver just to the foothills. 67 degrees and clear blue skies on Jan 19 (have I mentioned I love the weather here?)

It was clear - snow at the side of the roads plus some in Nederland. Must try the Nepalese restaurant next time!