• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Neotec II on sale at Cycle Gear and Revzilla today

Bought my new one ten days ago from Dennis Kirk to replace my Neotec I. Practically all the online retailers I checked had the same $200 markdown, so I assumed it's a Shoei discount. Need some decent weather to test it out on the bike. Wearing around the house gets me some strange looks from my wife...

Bought my new one ten days ago from Dennis Kirk to replace my Neotec I. Practically all the online retailers I checked had the same $200 markdown, so I assumed it's a Shoei discount. Need some decent weather to test it out on the bike. Wearing around the house gets me some strange looks from my wife...

After I posted this, I noticed that on Revzilla, too. Shoei seems pretty aggressive about not allowing discounting so I thought it was noteworthy. I guess they are trying to make way for the Neotec III.

I thought really hard about one of those. By the time you add an intercom, there's a thousand bucks sitting there. I managed to find a Sena Impulse modular with built in mesh for $499 last year. I love it. It's a premium feel helmet for my $499 head.🤑

$599 - $699 depending on options. Sale still ongoing.

Wayne
I ordered the Matte Blue, XL, normally $799.99 for $599.99. My original Neotec has been the best helmet I've ever had, so I jumped at the chance to finally replace it with a new one at $200 off. Yes, a tough pill to swallow, especially with two new tires, too. But if you're gonna ride, ya gotta pay the piper every once in a while. I simply told my wife that she'll need some overtime this month...;)

I ordered the Matte Blue, XL, normally $799.99 for $599.99. My original Neotec has been the best helmet I've ever had, so I jumped at the chance to finally replace it with a new one at $200 off. Yes, a tough pill to swallow, especially with two new tires, too. But if you're gonna ride, ya gotta pay the piper every once in a while. I simply told my wife that she'll need some overtime this month...;)
Is a good price for a higher end helmet - agreed.

~3 years back, due to the rave reviews, we considered replacing our helmets with the Neotec ll. We ended up with a pair of HJC RPHA 90 helmets.

Pricing not too much different, safety rating similar. Biggest selling points for us, the HJC RPHA 90 Carbon was 30% lighter than the Neotec ll and the sound deafening another huge win for HJC RPHA 90.

A detriment to the HJC RPHA 90 is we invested into the HJC / SENA partner developed communication system and it’s sub par for sure. Works fine for our helmet to helmet, music, voice over, phone but add in GPS alerts, as it’s supposed to be able to handle without additional hardware, and the communicators crash and need a software reboot!

@TRM-KS For those considering, How is the proprietary communicator for the Neotec ll, if that is what you use?

We will be back to the market again in another year or two. Will start the process fresh and new all over again.

And yes (just pay the piper) I had used a budget helmet once and won’t do that again - heavy, noisy, uncomfortable, wind, broken shield mechanism…

Wayne

I tried to find a another helmet that fit my nigh in but this is the only one that fits correctly. I think my momma dropped me on my head when I was little or something…

No Ron, I think your head is just all swole up with knowledge and kindness and most likely the biggest brain this side of the Mississippi which allows you to do the things you do so good.......:)