• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New 11 Connie Owner and Loving it!

marnerider6

Training Wheels
    Just want to say hello to the fellow Connie and COG owners out there. I've been riding since highschool days (Carter was the Prez then) and I have owned many bikes over the years. My current bikes are my beloved 03 HD Ultra Classic and with the new addtion of the 2011 Connie that I purchased back in mid June. I have a daily 124 mile RT commute and pent a lot of time researching for a great commute bike. all the research pointed to the Connie and it was sealed with the positive test reviews from MC News and Rider  magazines.
    Well, after 2 months and 3800 miles later, I must say I am not disaapointed in my decision with the Connie. So far, I am greatly impressed with the low operating costs,  good fuel mileage 44mpg avg at 80 mph on I-95 (And I am still being passed by the cages,
the smooth ride, nimbleness of manuvering the Connie in the traffic, and let's not forget to mention the the speed it has with a twist of the throttle. I.E., While elaving work and entering the Interstate, I signaled with both hand and turn signals, did a head turn check of the lanes, and when I psotioned myself in my teavel lane, I looked down at the Speedo and was doign 105mph and did not even notice it. man that was fast and never achiedved that qucik entrance with the Harley.
    As for modifications, I have added the the Murphy 2 inch risers, and the Pirate Lair Connie luggage and back rest. Future mods I am looking at is a new Windshiled with about 3 inches more of hight, so I have the airflow go over my helmet instead of buffeting me. Also, being 5'11, I like to stretch the lags out, so I am looking at some form of forward footrests or highway pegs. I'm not sure I want to pay $300 for the one set i've seen for the Connie, so may look at making my own...maybe.  I am also checking the Salvage yards for the 2008 -1010 ZG1400 Tank Cover dash box.
  The only CONS that I would like Kaw to look at is self-canceling turn signals and offering cruise control, and the tank cover dash box as well as a right storage glove box. Other then those minor Cons, the Connie is perfect.
  So in closing, I love both Bikes, My harley and the Connie, but each has it's own uninique Riding charateristics that I enjoy with each bike. And the Connie is a great bike that I o enjoy riding and am looking at using for my planned IBA Golden Bun Burner 1500 next spring.
  So ride safe my fellow Connie Owners and drop a line to say hi. MarneRider6  :49:

MarneRider6, 

Welcome to the group! 
There is no such thing as to many motorbikes in the garage although some do get road more than others.  :beerchug: