• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Baby On The Way

astros50

Ive been slobbering over the Concours since they redesigned in ?08.  Ive been lurking and learning for a while and joined COG recently.  Well I finally pulled the on Saturday and bought a silver 2011 Kawasaki Concours.  I'm as excited as I can be about my new toy.  :)

So far I have 0 miles on it....... I had to order it. So, now I get to play the waiting game. I am planning a MC trip to Kansas City in early August (6 1/2 hour ride one way). I dont expect the Concours will be in my garage yet so I'll be taking my venerable Honda VTX 1800T. I love that baby and will be keeping him but I am guessing that will be my last distance ride with that old friend. I'm expecting it will be like going from a log wagon to a Lamborghini.

I have a feeling this is going to be long wait :-[

Congrats and welcome!!!! If I were to buy a new C14 today, it would be a Silver 2011!  I still have my Mean Streak as home as well. The MS has not been on a overnight distance trip since I bought the C14 in July, 2007! But I still love it and ride it (especially in the summer heat). I still have the windshield and bags if I choose to take her though. It's just the sport tours work better for that!

Thank you for the welcome. I can't stand the wait, but I'll have to, I guess.

Not counting the seat,  what is the first mod you'd make or farkle you'd add?

Cap'n Bob:  does the Mean Streak still get much road time? I'm afraid that I'll leave the VTX in the garage in favor of the Concours. Emotionally not ready to get rid of the big cruiser. I guess I'll wait and see.  If I don't use the Honda then I guess I'll have to find a good home for him.

astros50 said:

Cap'n Bob:  does the Mean Streak still get much road time? I'm afraid that I'll leave the VTX in the garage in favor of the Concours. Emotionally not ready to get rid of the big cruiser. I guess I'll wait and see.  If I don't use the Honda then I guess I'll have to find a good home for him.

Would suggest that you give it the first 1000 miles to speak to you for what farkles fit your desires.

astros50 said:

Yes she does. I tend to ride her more in the warmer weather though. Last year I put about 2,000 miles or more on the Mean Streak. Although this year she hasn't gotten as much as I haven't been riding any of the bikes much. And I have been sorting out the 86 which has me riding her a lot more than the others. But I honestly do ride the MS quite a bit every year though. I find that I really tend to put more miles on the sport tours in the cooler weather.

Robert_Elliott_GA said:
astros50 said:

Would suggest that you give it the first 1000 miles to speak to you for what farkles fit your desires.

I came from a cruiser to the C14 and my plan was to give it 1000 miles before I made any changes, but my wrists couldn't take it and I got some bar risers and I'm happy I did.