• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New British member!

scootertrash

Big Wheel
Hi Everyone,

I just found this site and think its great. I'm 23 and from England. A few months ago I flew to Boston with my best mate and we both bought some used bikes - mine is a 1994 Concours. So far we've ridden down the east coast to Key West, across the South through Louisiana and Texas and then North through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Idaho. Now we're in Vancouver and the plan is to ride down the Pacific coast Highway to San Diego before we fly home from LA (where we need to sell our bikes!)

Having a great time on my Connie! Genuinely think its the best value sports tourer around. 10,000 miles covered so far and still going strong! Couple of problems but nothing serious so far - Looking forward to getting some advice!

Welcome and congrats on a great adventure. I never got the chance to do what you guys are doing. I'm kind of jealous! Have fun the rest of the way!

:bravo_2:

Sounds like a real blast!  As you go south along the coast, don't let all the straight parts through clear-cut forest in Washington get you down.  Some parts in Washington have nice ocean views, but once you get south of Astoria in Oregon everything changes.  The Oregon coast is some of the prettiest scenic road I've ever traveled.
  Be advised California Highway 1  IS CLOSED 3.2 MI SOUTH OF GORDA (MONTEREY CO) - DUE TO A LAND SLIDE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE.  The all caps comes from the California DOT web site.  Very nice scenery, but the road is closed.  If you can get over to see Hearst Castle, http://www.hearstcastle.org/ , it's pretty cool.
  Enjoy the rest of your trip!

scootertrash said:
Hi Everyone,

I just found this site and think its great. I'm 23 and from England. A few months ago I flew to Boston with my best mate and we both bought some used bikes - mine is a 1994 Concours. So far we've ridden down the east coast to Key West, across the South through Louisiana and Texas and then North through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Idaho. Now we're in Vancouver and the plan is to ride down the Pacific coast Highway to San Diego before we fly home from LA (where we need to sell our bikes!)

Having a great time on my Connie! Genuinely think its the best value sports tourer around. 10,000 miles covered so far and still going strong! Couple of problems but nothing serious so far - Looking forward to getting some advice!

Wow !! Now thats some adventure, welcome and keep us posted on your travels, have a safe trip !!

As soon as those six numbers match up, will I be able to go on an excursion like this! Com'on Powerball!  >:D

scootertrash

Feel free to PM me for any help, or if you need a place to crash in WA.
I'm the IT chap here at COG and live in Seattle, I'm currently in Whistler but will be home soon.
I'm a Brit from W Sussex so can speak your lingo as it were.

Cool beans on your trip!
:)
Cheers

Colin