• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New C10 Concours Owner

nomadpaul

Training Wheels
I purchased a 01 Concours in this spring. I have been away from motorcycles since 1993 when I had my first child. Somehow I was confused and thought that dads don't ride motorcycles. Well this spring I was doing a project that required pictures from every year of my life. Broke out the old shoe boxes and photo albums. Funny how I always have a big smile while on a bike. Decided to retire that old conversation and started looking at bikes. Was considering an old BMW when I saw my Connie online.

I have loved the Concours since they first came out. The first I saw was in Yosemite, I was camping with my Virago, and the people next to me had a Concours. So when I had the opportunity I had to take it.

Have done a tuneup, two oil changes and a new rear tire. Looking forward to riding up to June Lake next month with a buddy. Fishing, riding and camping.

Paul

Hi Paul, 
What can I say, the bike catches some peoples eye and others cant tell it from a Harley.  I think you know where most of us fall  ;D

Welcome, Paul!  Where are you located?  I'm thinking southern CA based on your June Lake reference, but you didn't say.

Thanks for the greetings. I live in San Diego. Have the June Lake trip planned for next month, and working out the details on a San Francisco run in October.

Had an awesome ride up to June Lake. We left late on Tuesday and made it to just past Ridgecrest before calling it a night. The next morning found us riding around Alhambra Hills, then back on 395 North. A trip up to Rock Creek Lake found them out of pies at the Sky High Pie shop, but a fun twisty road none-the less. Then it was back to 395 to head north to June Lake. Spent Thursday riding, visiting Bodie (a ghost town), going up a fire road to the top of a ski slope and playing poker. Friday was fishing and poker, Saturday fishing. Sunday the ride home. Left early and kept missing the rain :) . Went from 40 degrees to 104 to a comfortable 70 all in one day.

The bike ran well, gravel roads suck, looking forward to running up the coast to San Francisco the end of next month.

Paul