• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Concours Owner in Walnut Creek, CA

bigpoppa

Bicycle
Hello All,

Just signed up for COG and ROK. Although I'm a new Concours owner (2011 C14), I've been riding for 17 years and have ridden many types of motorcycles (Yamaha GTS 1000, CBR 954RR, Suzuki Intruder 1400, BMW R1200CE to name a few).

Although my Connie (I've dubbed her 'Orca') is my main mode of transportation and will see mostly commuting duties, I do intend on fulfilling a personal adventure in the next year or two and ride her across country, coast to coast and back again.

I look forward to possibly meeting some of you either locally or when I do undertake my cross-country trek.

Welcome!  :D  I'm a little east of you in Manteca (Central Valley), but I work in the south bay area.  There are quite a few Concours riders in the Bay Area, I'm sure they'll pipe up soon enough.  Hope to meet you someday, have fun with the new ride!

Gary

Welcome Poppa,  Let us know if we can do anything for you.  Nice string of bikes you have had there. 

BP, Congrats on the new bike. If you want to ride that bike across the country and back. Were having the COG national this year in Vermont (Aug). Here's your chance. Come look me up and the first beverage is on me!

Also: Congrats on becoming a new COG member!!  8)

And I'm only a little further east from you than GF, in Oakdale.

This group is indispensable, especially if wrenching on the bike yourself.  The collective wisdom and knowledge here is completely useful.  :)

Welcome!

Welcome - I to am in WC.  I've got a 2001, which I just love.  Maybe we can get together for a ride some time.
Dave

Welcome aboard! Looks like the California Conection is quickly catching up to you  8) Great group of people here and you will come to find them helpful and friendly. Enjoy the ride. You should have lots of great days for them there in Sunny California!

Congrats Poppa.  Just in time for the start of the real riding season.  I was confined by snow for 3 weeks but got everything charged up and washed now and even managed to get a few rides in this week.  Do you have a good Kawasaki dealer near you?

Thanks for the welcomes all.

Yes, I actually have two good Kawasaki dealers close to me.

One close to home: Diablo Kawasaki-BMW. I used them all the time when I had a BMW R1200CE back in 2000.

One close to work: Grand Prix Sports in Santa Clara. I used them when I had a Yamaha GTS1000 back in the late 90's. Their ace mechanic still works there so I felt completely comfortable buying my C14 from them.