• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Connie Owner and COG Member

sbgalaxie

Big Wheel
Hello folks,

I found my '98 Connie in a garage in Austin, TX, where she'd been resting for 8 years with only 3,599 original miles after the owner dropped her and then allowed her to sit after repairs.  The gas tank was missing, but I promptly found a used one and repainted it to match with factory color formula from my local paint store.  I've put in Dynojet kits, resealed the front forks, replaced the front tire and given her a general going over.  In the short two months I've had her, I've already added 1,200 miles to the odometer.  I still feel a slight "bump" in the steering, but I feel a steering head bearing repacking and adjustment will take care of that.  Great to have my first Connie and to be a part of the COG.

This doesn't happen very often, but tonight I get to be the first one to say "Welcome!"

Hi James...  What a great find. I wonder if just tightening the steering head bearing will be sufficient. They do have a tendency to loosen slightly.

Thanks for joining us here on the COG forum. I see in your profile that you do not have a COG number yet.  If and when you decide to become a full (paid) member of the club, you will get your very own number and the south central area director will teach you the super secret handshake  ;D 

I'm pretty sure the current southeast area director lives in Austin... hopefully he will stop by here and say hi.

Welcome James,
I replied to your email but I just figured I would let others know.
:103:

I just wanted to use this smilie.

Welcome aboard James. Hope all falls into place for you and yours quickly! What a great deal to find one packed away AFTER repairs! Enjoy!

Welcome to the assylum. You'll like these folks!

If your interested, we have a ride planned next weekend to Hunt Texas, near Kerrville.

It's a great place to give the bike a work out in the twisties...
Plus the River Inn is a favorite of the wifes. (If you have one ta bring along)

Ride safe, Ted

sbgalaxie said:
Hello folks,

I found my '98 Connie in a garage in Austin, TX, where she'd been resting for 8 years with only 3,599 original miles after the owner dropped her and then allowed her to sit after repairs.  The gas tank was missing, but I promptly found a used one and repainted it to match with factory color formula from my local paint store.  I've put in Dynojet kits, resealed the front forks, replaced the front tire and given her a general going over.  In the short two months I've had her, I've already added 1,200 miles to the odometer.  I still feel a slight "bump" in the steering, but I feel a steering head bearing repacking and adjustment will take care of that.  Great to have my first Connie and to be a part of the COG.

Man!! And i thought 'I' had the cool Connie find of the year story...nuts.
Well, welcome from one newcomer to another.