• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Forum Member

delling3

Road Bike
Hello -

I just joined this group - not currently an owner but a prospective one.  Likely will be lurking about for a while, learning what I can about the Concours, until I am ready to buy.  My experience is probably not all that uncommon - rode a lot when I was younger - mostly what was then considered to be a "mid-size" bike in the 500-600cc range (nowadays that seems to be a "starter bike").  Got out of riding when work and family absorbed most of my free time and made a motorcycle more a weekend plaything than practical transportation.  Fast forward 25 years, and I am getting back into riding.  I bought and restored a Yamaha XS750F, and rode it for the past couple of years.  Now I have decided that I want something more, and I sold the Yammie.  The Concours is pretty much on my radar - I like the Beemers too, but realistically I think it will be the Concours.  There is a very active Owners Forum for the Yamaha that I was a active participant in, so I think I have a pretty good handle for how these things work, and I will try not to step on any toes.  Really looking forward to learning more from everyone here.  Thanks.  Chris

Thanks! In reply to Stasch's question, C10 is more in line with my budget!  I will probably be looking for something in the 1995 to 2006 range.  Mileage will be more important than age I think.  Would like to find a well-kept bike with less than 30K on the clock - regardless of model year.  I actually think I would prefer one of the early - flat saddle - types, as I am a big guy, and don't like the constrained feeling of the Corbin Gunfighter style saddles.  Not sure if the early saddles will mount to a later model or not - one of the questions I will be posing to the forum sooner or later!  I looked at a 2005 model taken as a trade at a nearby dealer yesterday.  It had 60K on the clock, and was essentially stock.  Had the hard bags, but was missing the filler panels for when the bags are removed.  Asking price was $3500 - pretty reasonable I guess.  I wasn't thrilled with the color - tan.  Like the grays and reds better.  Again thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to soaking up some knowledge from you all.

Chris

Welcome,

There have been a couple poping up on craigslist in Kansas City too!  I saw a nice '06 a few weeks ago, if I didn't already have an '03 I would have jumped!!

Hi Chris, you've absolutely come to the right place. I've only been riding for 3 years, and "Margo", my '99 C-10, is my first bike. I've loved the experience from the very start and am having a blast exploring the mountains of Colorado with my wife who also rides. Ask any question here and I'm sure someone has got some good avice for you. Welcome and happy riding!