• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New forum members only for the emporium?

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
I see a bunch of forum only members with very low post counts who are only using us to advertise parts. They are not contributing. On other sites I visit, there is a minimum post count before you can use the "for sale " area. I know COG is bending over backwards for the forum members, but in my mind this isn't bending over backwards, it's just bending over.  :-[

Steve

meh....if I can buy something cheap from them, it doesn't bother me.

Now if they are coming here to BUY stuff I wanted....then we'd have a fight on our hands!  :D

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
I see a bunch of forum only members with very low post counts who are only using us to advertise parts. They are not contributing. On other sites I visit, there is a minimum post count before you can use the "for sale " area. I know COG is bending over backwards for the forum members, but in my mind this isn't bending over backwards, it's just bending over.  :-[

Steve

While I fully agree, I have had my butt in a sling in the past for commenting on the very same thing...
So might want to toss this into a BOD meeting agenda, via your AD and AAD's

Some of the other "forums" I have participated in were extremely strict on that, and placed probationary time of membership, a specific post count, and relevancy  to items allowed for posting by "short term" members.

It is what has been condoned here, I suppose it was done under the reasoning of trying to "coax people to join", but seems like it ended up being a free "craigslist" type venue...

Maybe start a poll, and when its got 40 responses by COG MEMBERS, forward the result to the BOD as a count for consideration to assist some rule adjustments... or not.

It doesn't seem bogged currently, but at prime times of the year, it does become a place where unloading stuff seems to peak.

Sport Rider said:
meh....if I can buy something cheap from them, it doesn't bother me.

Now if they are coming here to BUY stuff I wanted....then we'd have a fight on our hands!  :D

:rotflmao: :beerchug:

I say let him post their stuff. I'm not a big fan of thread police. They're almost always offering concour items. Plus you guys seem to have a really good time when somebody posts at a price that's too high. I would hate to take your sniping fun away from you. Nothing better than listening to you guys jump on some guy trying to sell a 1999 Concours 10 for 5K.