• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New from NYC

C

Craig_NY

Seasons greetings everybody! I'm new and glad to be here! I've had my '01 Connie now for almost 3 years and have put on over 15,000 miles on it (that's with me being out of the country for 7 months) and I'm lovin it every new mile. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to keep it AND get a C14 (I believe it's just a matter of time). I live in NYC, where the potholes, traffic & raggedy streets keep one seriously alert so I think I'd just use the C10 here in the city and the new one "everywhere else"! It's great to know that so many people like Connie's as much as I do!

Welcome, I hope you enjoy what time you get to ride.. (I see it is snowing/raining there?) I would not know what it's like to ride in the city much (I have riden a little in San Diego ;) ) Stay safe and warm. Enjoy the group here :) Yuma, Summer in Yuma is not hell, but hell is a local call :) 2006 Connie http://community.webshots.com/user/Lateck?vhost=community

Welcome aboard! Lots of C10 and C14 lovers here so you're in good company with either or both! The C10 is a great commuter so I think your plan is a good one. Hope you can make it to the National in NC next year. :)

Craig - Welcome to the COG forums. Hopefully you will find a way to own both C10 & C14. I am lusting after a red C14 myself, but it may not happen. The state of the economy and having 2 kids in college this coming fall may put a damper on things. I guess it all depends on the financing deals. Since you live in NYC, why not come meet a bunch of us COG Northeast folks at the motorcycle show. You are welcome to join with us for lunch as well. Check out the online calendar of events [northeast] for details or send me a note. Maybe you will even consider a COG membership once you meet us. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director, AMA, MSF RC (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Welcome to the forum and I hope your able to ride some also this winter. If not there are many mods you can think about doing to keep you occupied. Peace ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Hey Guys! Sorry that it's taken me 3 years and change to say thanks for the welcome but hey "stuff happens"! Anyway, I'm glad to be back!! I hope all is well for all you guys (kids in college, families, etc)! Obviously a heck of a lot has happened but I'll be picking up an '06 Connie in a couple of weeks and will be raring to go!

I'm back! Picked up the '06 and will be putting the '01 in the garage and readying her for a complete makeover and overhaul (over the next few months). Ahhh the Connie life!!

Craig_NY said:
I'm back! Picked up the '06 and will be putting the '01 in the garage and readying her for a complete makeover and overhaul (over the next few months). Ahhh the Connie life!!

But the 06 is still a C10. What happen to the C14? Welcome no matter!  :)