• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Guy

rustycycles6701

Thanks for the temp membership, will get full membership after I figure out how to function among group correctly. Just purchased my first Concours and looking forward to a longterm ridership. Hello from Midland Canada 🇨🇦

Welcome!
I joined when I bought my 06, 5 years ago.
Great rallies, tech advice and good natured banter, and accessories for sale

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Rusty. What Connie did you get?
Hopefully it's RED?

By the way, I like your wording.
ie; Just purchased my "first" Concours,,,

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Ignore the guys that will now say bad things about my RED C-10's and C-14.
Obviously they don't have a RED Connie.

Thanks Ted, I guess you could say the color is Burgandy ? Just getting bike ready for first ride Sat. Not sure who or how to ask technical questions ?

Just ask away rusty. Ur gonna find there really no judging or belittling here. We're all here to help and share our knowledge and experience of the bike and our adventures. What year connie do.you have? C10 or c14?

I would suggest u go to the c10 section and read back through the most recent pages of topics that have come up. That should give you an idea of what issues others have had with their c10. It's not a difficult bike to work on, once you get the plastic Tupperware off. Go to YouTube and watch all the videos that Steve, from shoodaben engineering has produced. Your gonna find he IS THE MAN, for proven modifications and upgrades to the c10.

I would suggest u go to the c10 section and read back through the most recent pages of topics that have come up. That should give you an idea of what issues others have had with their c10. It's not a difficult bike to work on, once you get the plastic Tupperware off. Go to YouTube and watch all the videos that Steve, from shoodaben engineering has produced. Your gonna find he IS THE MAN, for proven modifications and upgrades to the c10.

Agreed Pat.
Steve’s (Shoodabeen Engineering) how to videos for the c10 are pure gold.

Especially the “how to test for hydro lock” and the “ carb removal/ installation “

Thanks Ted, I guess you could say the color is Burgandy ? Just getting bike ready for first ride Sat. Not sure who or how to ask technical questions ?
Burgandy is kinda RED.
So, Alles ist gut!

Ask any questions you have here.
We'll either tell you the correct answer or some (ONOBob for instance) will make up a lie. <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

PS: As Konehead sed, there is no judging or belittling here, but it's completely legal/expected to pick on your buddies. (y)

Welcome Rusty! You will love your C10 though Red (Burgundy) is not the fastest color. :D

Oh forgot to mention that the COG members library has lots of how-to articles for C-10 maintenance. Saved me hundreds of $ on my C-10.