• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Jersey Motorsports Park - Motorcycle Racing!

ghabel

For the Northeast the brand new New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville NJ sounds like good possibilities for finally bringing the bigger motorcycle races to the area. Moto-ST is racing there. http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/index.html There was an article I read that says AMA is looking at potentially racing there in the near future. http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34229 Here's a youtube ride around the track on bikes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYlw_ejtYQ Only 6 hours from my front door! Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

AMA has it on their 09 Schedule for Sept 09 pending saftey approval. Could be a good weekend of camping and watching the races. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

Actually I'd like to see that happen for sure. It'd be real nice to have a track like that nearby(relatively)... I'll go! Greg, keep us posted. Thanks for the heads up.

If you're serious about camping, I'm on 5 wooded acres and 30min north of the track.

I'm on 5 wooded acres
Hhehheeeehheeeh .... you said wooded :p CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

If you're serious about camping, I'm on 5 wooded acres and 30min north of the track.
One of their reps said they have camping on the outside of the track (when major venues) with a great view. Thanks for the offer though just in case we need it. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250

Their contact person has verified that the event will take place Sept 5th weekend - AMA Superbike! Start making plans now. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Thought I would drum up some more interest. My wife and I are seriously considering. She would drive the Road Trek camper and I would bring my bike. Here's a link to the event: http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/events.html Question for you NJ folks - are there nice backroads/twisties for the way down or is it best just to slab it? I haven't ridden NJ except for a bit of slab. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z

The prices are: $71 pp for a 3 day pass - Fri/Sat/Sun. Cheaper prices by the day. $75 for an RV camping spot for the length of the event. $40 for a tenting spot for the length of the event. You can purchase camping and tickets online. Camping is first come, first serve. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z

The event is quickly approaching. So, who's in? My wife Tracey and I will be going and camping there in a small RV. Here's a link to the camping details: http://www.njmp.com/camping.html We haven't purchased tickets yet but would like to see who else is interested. Looks like the Superbike series is locked in for Matt Miladin with 10 1st place wins in the series. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places are pretty close so that should be exciting and likely decided at this last race of the season. Tommy Hayden, Bostrom, and Hayes are close in the points. What ye say fellow MC racing enthusiasts? If you haven't been to a MC race, this is your chance. It's an amazing experience. To see the speeds these riders carry especially into the corners is unreal. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z

The schedule of events is looking pretty good. Practice and qualifying on Friday, more qualifying on Sat. Then the Superbike, and Daytona Sportbike races on Sat (race 1). There's also the 2 hour race from 11 to 1 which allows fuel stops and rider changes. I haven't seen that before; should be interesting. Sunday is race 2 and Supersport. Jason Britton (from the Speed channel's Superbikes show) will be doing stunts throughout. Matt Milladin is officially retiring at the race with over 80 AMA career wins - by far the record. Pictures to follow when I get home next week. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
6n2c6z

I'm all signed up to be a hot pit tire Marshall, looks like it's going be fun. One of the riders tonight told me that one part of the course has an uneven washboard surface that he didn't like, otherwise he thought it was a nice track.