• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member in Boston

asnyder1558079

Greetings from Boston, MA. Last April I picked up a 2010 concours 14 for a great price. Luckily I was able to put over 5,000 miles on it this past summer. Just did my first oil change last Saturday when we had a one of the last semi warm days here in New England.
Looking forward to meeting some local Concours riders in the Boston/ New England area and learning more about these incredible machines.

Andy

Attachments

• 71648335770__67FE26C1-A78C-4F19-BDAD-48B8D4408BBE.jpeg
    71648335770__67FE26C1-A78C-4F19-BDAD-48B8D4408BBE.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3092.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2919.jpeg
    IMG_2919.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2921.jpeg
    IMG_2921.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 48
Welcome!
I joined for the tech advice.
Was pleasantly surprised by the level of social activity, rides rallies and of course this forum
Best Regards
Bob

@asnyder1558079 Welcome to COG!

From the looks of these pictures you are going to enjoy the C14 - versatile and astonishingly nimble for her berth / weight.

Little recon, we are Northeast CT, have they had to spread sand / salt up there yet?

If not, and you’re up to it, this weekend might be the last weekend to sneak out. I can plan a ride southern / central MA?

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Welcome
Oh man... you just missed the MA End of Season Social in Hudson. Keep an eye on the calendar for other New England socials activities throughout the fall and winter. Review the event calendar for upcoming events.

@asnyder1558079 Welcome to COG!

From the looks of these pictures you are going to enjoy the C14 - versatile and astonishingly nimble for her berth / weight.

Little recon, we are Northeast CT, have they had to spread sand / salt up there yet?

If not, and you’re up to it, this weekend might be the last weekend to sneak out. I can plan a ride southern / central MA?

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Hello Wayne and Carol, Just had our first snow this morning, however no salt/sand on the roads yet. Unfortunately I have family commitments this weekend, sadly I don’t think it will involve any riding. Hope you can get a ride in before the ice and snow.

Andy

Hi Andy, great photos...except for the hat!
Just kidding, I don't seriously follow any teams, so I can harass all fans equally well. 😇

It is a great machine; enjoy it.
I've been part of North Central and Southeast, and both have a lot of campers, I imagine Norteast region does also, so you'll have company at rallies.

Welcome

Just drove down from Bangor to Baaahhston to watch basketball. 9 inches of snow when we left Bangor on Monday. Ran out of it by Augusta but found it again in Gloucester. Stayed in Cambridge and Revere. Drove out to Gloucester and through Danvers and Beverly. You got to have brass ballzz to ride up there. I think you will love this bike....if you can get her away from the city. By the time you got 5K miles on her you probably already figured that out. Welcome to the group. Lots of good info here and in the tech sections.

I love my 2 out here in the Midwest. Got to find a way to get from Indiana back to Bangor this summer avoiding turnpikes and interstates. Lots of pretty country up there.

Last edited:
Greetings from Boston, MA. Last April I picked up a 2010 concours 14 for a great price. Luckily I was able to put over 5,000 miles on it this past summer. Just did my first oil change last Saturday when we had a one of the last semi warm days here in New England.
Looking forward to meeting some local Concours riders in the Boston/ New England area and learning more about these incredible machines.

Andy
Screenshot_20231211-091446.png
Welcome to the group, I've got the same bike picked out up in 2014. Hopefully you can make the national rally this year like to meet you!

Hi, and welcome! You shouldn't have any problem finding riding compatriots here in eastern Mass. Come a little warmer weather we generally ride most weekends (and some weekdays!). Keep your eye out for the Spring Fling in May and the COG National in August. 😁

Nice color. On the bike I mean. 😁 You are on your way to discovering the versatility of this bike! I'm still learning after 2 year. Enjoy and welcome to this madness.