• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New member in Concord, NC

ncdave

Training Wheels
Greetings. I'm new to the forum as I have just bought a used 05 connie. I'm not new to riding. I've been on bikes since 1985. I currently own 4 bikes. Besides the connie, I have a Vulcan 1500 classic, a Buell XB9R, and a Ninja 650R. I'm generally into doing my own bike maintenance unless it involves tearing down the motor. otherwise, I'm good enough with tools to eventually tackle most anything. I have a riding buddy that I met back in 01 and we've ridden lots of miles togeter. I generally average about 8k to 10k miles a year spread across the bikes. The connie will be going to work with me every chance I get. Dave

Welcome, You'll find the Concours will do all you ask of her. I hope you get a few miles in through out the year. As for maintenance, the Connie can be fun to work on and for the most part is bullet proof. But just do the regular stuff and she'll be fine. Have fun and ride safe. Yuma, Summer in Yuma is not hell, but hell is a local call :) 2006 Connie http://community.webshots.com/user/Lateck?vhost=community

Welcome Dave, Well the Concours will do almost anything. That mud rut road kicked my bike down a time or two but I did get it back up to ride another day. Just not there. :) ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Welcome Dave, be sure to check out the calender area for upcoming events in the North East !! CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Welcome Dave, be sure to check out the calender area for upcoming events in the North East !!
Or.... he could change the calendar to the SE and see events in his area too ;) Norm, you do know that North Carolina is not in the north, right? :blush: Welcome to the fun Dave! Dave Muir 1980 LTD1000 - Rocket 1999 Concours - Rocket II 1997 Dyna - wife's CT-COG #3649 Merchandise Czar

Norm, you do know that North Carolina is not in the north, right?
You are correct Dave, I did not register that it was NC and not NH :blush: CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

I tell you what, North Carolinians are just dropping from the sky these days. :) It's nice to see another one about. Norm, you're right, North Carolina is North... of South Carolina but not quite Northeast of the US yet, though we're planning on conquering Virginia and West Virginia in the next year or two. You're going to love your Concours Dave, I'm virtually incompetent and haven't found anything maintenance-wise I couldn't figure out yet. She's also very comfortable doing long miles on the highway. I'm in Winston and hope to get a regular RTE (Ride to Eat) going over the next couple of months, there are several members w/in this area and, of course, since we have sport tourers, "this area" covers a good chunk of ground. :) {hijack}You get any snow last night?{/hijack}

Welcome and glad you are here. Brett told me you were here and he and I are planning to get a RTE together as soon as the weather breaks. I am sure he will let you know when/where. I'm in Winston Salem too with Brett. Again, WELCOME!!! Silvera

you do know that North Carolina is not in the north, right?
When I grew up in Virginia, it wasn't in the Northeast, but it is in COG! :confuse: Welcome to the gang, Dave. Join us at the National Rally in June at the Fontana Village Resort. Eddie 2005 Concours 1969 Triumph Bonneville AMA# 686667 COG# 7073 CDA# 0136 http://picasaweb.google.com/Eddie753