• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Member / New bike

fordmender

Training Wheels
Hello everyone!  The Wing is gone!!

Since lurking around the forums here for a bit trying to gather any info that might be helpful in coming to a conclusion on the purchase of a new C-14 it was a pleasure to see the fun, pleasant, helpful, folks you all seem to be. That was ONE reason I opted to join the COG last week. The other was that I just picked up my new 2011 Silver C-14 this weekend. Wow.....this thing just puts a "perma-grin" on yer face don't it !!!

Sold my 09 Goldwing two weeks prior to all this, since my loving wife of 37 years just doesn't seem to want to ride any distance over 50 miles or so and unless I say the word "Ice Cream"! So I say to myself, "Self...you know Mama could still ride with me to get Ice Cream on the back of a new C-14." Sounded like a plan!!

I've owned many Honda's and a few Yamaha's over the years but this is my first Kawasaki since the old 900 Z1 back in 1974. On the C-14......it would seem that father Kawasaki has improved the technology just a just a wee bit since then. ;D

Looking forward to contributing to the forums if I'm able to and learning more about all the aspects of my great new ride from everyone here.

Right now......I gotta go get some Ice Cream!!!    ;)

Welcome to the club Randy.  When you take the SO out for Ice Cream next time just make sure you do not add Ice Scream or she may never ride again.  That bike is way scary if you want it to be.

Randy,

Welcome frorm a member in the PNWet!
Glad to see your COG number!
I see by your alias your are a FORD associate?
It is now the middle of the third year of my 66 GTA restoration. Not been registered for 22 years when I got it.  Just got it out of body shop two weeks ago with initial primer coats. Had eng/trans in and now all remaining mechanicals to be installed before going back to final paint next month.

Dan,

I checked your pictures out.... 8)........thats quite the project you have going there! I'm sure it'll be a sweet machine when your done.

Holy Crap! Look at that COG number!
Somebody better shake Colin's tree, make sure we can handle a 10,000 in our member numbers!!!

Welcome Fordmender!