• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

huddlec

I bought my 2002 Connie last year when my 1985 Nighthawk 650 was on its last lap. At first I was a little intimidated by it and it didn't help that within a few hundred yards of my first ride on my bike, it went down when I stopped on the side of the road (in town) and didn't notice the gravel. No harm done.  :))

I've been riding a long time but always on Hondas. I love taking trips and camping out. The longest trip (so far) was 11,000 miles in 5 weeks when I was in graduate school. Did the USA and Canada on my 1969 Honda CB750. Since getting the Concours, I've been itching to take a long ride. So far the longest has been to Quebec and back (that picture in my profile is on the Levis ferry). I'd love to do a cross-country (from WV to the west coast) this coming summer.

Welcome Christy,

It sounds like you'll fit right in here! As you probably have already found out. The Concours makes traveling a little easier than on things like the Nighthawk or CB. But they're both great bikes. (I had a brand new 83 Nighthawk way back when!)

Welcome Christy - you will get an official email form me once membership assigns a COG # to you.

As far as trips go... check out these events on the online calendar. 

COG Northeast Spring Fling regional rally in late May.
COG National Rally in West Dover Vermont in early August.

Welcome aboard Christy!

It won't take long for the intimidation to wear off. My 06 is my first streetbike and it sure felt like a beast at first, but we became one quite quickly. My first dump and drop took a few months but as you can see in the Connie Dropper section it is familiar to most. Before I got mine I rented a C14 for a ride with my brother. We rode across the street to let him get gas and I went to stop by a pump and leaned too far ending up with my knee trapped between the tank and the pole that protects the pumps from cars! My $250 rental became a 1000 dollar weekend in a hurry! I am really looking forward to some distance rides as well. I mostly commute to work on mine.

Anyway congrats on the ride and enjoy COGdom!

Welcome!  This is a great group!  And you might be able to find someone willing to go xcountry with you this summer!!  Good Luck!!

Ride Safe!!

Think I sent you a PM, but Welcome to the Zoo!....and another WV'ian.  We're catching up to you other states....just wait!

Lots going on this year, with lots of other stuff going on elsewhere.  You should not get bored with this group and riding.

I'm local, should you have any mechanical issues you can't take care of on your own.  I've done pretty well messing with the Concours over the years. (meaning it still starts 4 out of 3 times)

Wow!!! Honda CB750's, what memories..... I had a few of those all through the 70's & 80's and would turn them into Café Racers, what a hoot. Got my first Kawasaki (better late than never ;D) in March 2008 when I purchased my C14. Welcome to Cogdom Christy! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.