• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Owner 2009 C14 Fargo,Nd

dbc19655871

Hi,
My name is David Cruz on August 6,2023 On Facebook Market place found a 2009 C14 with 14,170 miles on it Steve a well known member on here to me it wasn't a sale it was a theft lol I might need more therapy after that one lol. Bike is very clean with minor issues. Like rear tire and tpms not reading center stand mi20230807_162741.jpg20230807_112327.jpg20230807_162741.jpgssing due to lower link's. Steve the tune guy will be flashing already ship down to him. Thanks for allowing me to become a member. I'm into slow speed bike skills huge follower of Robert Simmons on YouTube. I'm also a goldwing owner Gl1500 with 10,000 miles.

Welcome to the COGdom.
Your gonna like it here.
Where is home?

Word of caution: Be aware of the Steve's. Their sneaky devils.
(Just kidding and picking on them a little).
All the Florida Steve's are good guys.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Ted I'm not sure what you mean by sneaky devils? I live in Fargo,Nd however I have family mainly my brothers lives in Houston area for at least 30 years now. STEVE ARE REFERRING TO THE GUY WHO LIVES IN FLORIDA WHO FLASHES ECM? I JUST SENT HIM MY ECM TODAY. I'VE HEARD THERE'S SOME SORT OF TUNE WARS GOING ON IM NOT INVOLVED WITH THAT KIND OF STUFF IM OLDER DUDE JUST DONT HAVE TIME FOR
LOTS OF MEMBERS HERE ALSO ON FACEBOOK SPOKE HIGHLY OF HIM.

Welcome David! Pretty Wing you have there. Love to see more pics of the windshield on that. Never seen one like that. Oh...... Watch out for that Ted feller....he's as sneaky as a Florida Steve.😉😁

The windshield was brother went without eating for a couple of weeks 😳 lol

Attachments

• 20230808_135022.jpg
    20230808_135022.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230808_135026.jpg
    20230808_135026.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230808_135057.jpg
    20230808_135057.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230808_135102.jpg
    20230808_135102.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230808_135034.jpg
    20230808_135034.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 59
Welcome David! Pretty Wing you have there. Love to see more pics of the windshield on that. Never seen one like that. Oh...... Watch out for that Ted feller....he's as sneaky as a Florida Steve.😉😁

Attachments

• 20230808_135026.jpg
    20230808_135026.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230808_135022.jpg
    20230808_135022.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230808_135034.jpg
    20230808_135034.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230808_135053.jpg
    20230808_135053.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230808_135057.jpg
    20230808_135057.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 48
Ted I'm not sure what you mean by sneaky devils? I live in Fargo,Nd however I have family mainly my brothers lives in Houston area for at least 30 years now. STEVE ARE REFERRING TO THE GUY WHO LIVES IN FLORIDA WHO FLASHES ECM? I JUST SENT HIM MY ECM TODAY. I'VE HEARD THERE'S SOME SORT OF TUNE WARS GOING ON IM NOT INVOLVED WITH THAT KIND OF STUFF IM OLDER DUDE JUST DONT HAVE TIME FOR
LOTS OF MEMBERS HERE ALSO ON FACEBOOK SPOKE HIGHLY OF HIM.
Nah, nothing to do with tune wars. {You're gonna love your flash}.

Steve explantion; There are multiple Steve's in Florida & elsewhere in COG.
We enjoy picking on them occasionally. :devilish: (and they pick back in return) :D

ie; You brought up Steve and that gave me an opening. <grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Nah, nothing to do with tune wars. {You're gonna love your flash}.

Steve explantion; There are multiple Steve's in Florida & elsewhere in COG.
We enjoy picking on them occasionally. :devilish: (and they pick back in return) :D

ie; You brought up Steve and that gave me an opening. <grin>

Ride safe, Ted
Okay lol you had me concerned for a moment. Good meeting you hope you're doing well

Welcome from South georgia..!! I'm digging the white gauges on the wing. I bought set for the c14, just have gotten around to.putting them on.

Digging the old Ford's paint in the background ..

David, which Flash are you getting? Hopefully the MRP.

On the Center stand/lowering link issue;
(As it happens) I'm currently talking to another member that is having the same problems.
His bike has Soupy Lowering Links and no canter stand.

I'm trying to help him find a way to:
** raise the bike so that he can change his Lowering Links,
** and/or shorten his center stand for reinstallation,
** and/or install a stock height center stand.

When you start on that project let us know and we can share our solutions.

Ride safe, Ted

PS:
We have a lot of fun on the Forum.
It's all in fun and keeps things from getting boring.
But sometimes ya gotta have a thick skin.

In addition to us picking on the Steve's etc, EVERYONE likes to pick on me.
For instance, they don't understand that RED is the fastest color. 🤯
** I suggest that you just ignore them like I do.

Last edited:
David, you WILL find that we.love to kid around with ted, cuz he IS one of the good guys. Always ready to help out and has the experience and knowledge to solve/assist in solving whatever issue one is experiencing. And that regarding both the c10 and c14...

....and yes he says I still owe him beer.....lol

Welcome from South georgia..!! I'm digging the white gauges on the wing. I bought set for the c14, just have gotten around to.putting them on.

Digging the old Ford's paint in the background ..
They are old school Firecreek gauges they don't make any longer I got lucky found on ebay even then the sender for air temp was missing. Basically old school phone cable with old connections found in China a month to get here. My pickup 95 f150 Eddie Bauer extended cab 59,000 original miles. Living in GA cool that was my mother name. Have you checked out Robert Simmons in Pooler,GA slow speed skills motor officer? You tube Appreciate you hope all is well 🙏

Attachments

• 20230722_093320.jpg
    20230722_093320.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230722_093323.jpg
    20230722_093323.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230722_093259.jpg
    20230722_093259.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230722_093302.jpg
    20230722_093302.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230722_093254.jpg
    20230722_093254.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 51
Lol. I seen it for sale on Facebook. I was surprised because I have never seen one in the area.
Hi again brother so yeah the bike was very clean.Steve is doing my tune and said I stolen my bike for the money. Minor issues I with aftermarket lower links missing center stand and rear tire needs replacement also typical tpms with battery more than likely. I have all parts order including ecm was shipped to Florida yesterday. New tires should arrived today and parts to restore factory height are on the way. Minor issue will be addressed all together. I did Ride it runs really good condition is a 9 .5 out of 10 considering it's 09 with 14,170 miles plastic are good brakes are good starts right up. How do you like tune thus far? I've order premium mountain deal was so lucky concerning already flash by him for cheaper price lol. We for sure need to get together my door is always open in Fargo.

Hi again brother so yeah the bike was very clean.Steve is doing my tune and said I stolen my bike for the money. Minor issues I with aftermarket lower links missing center stand and rear tire needs replacement also typical tpms with battery more than likely. I have all parts order including ecm was shipped to Florida yesterday. New tires should arrived today and parts to restore factory height are on the way. Minor issue will be addressed all together. I did Ride it runs really good condition is a 9 .5 out of 10 considering it's 09 with 14,170 miles plastic are good brakes are good starts right up. How do you like tune thus far? I've order premium mountain deal was so lucky concerning already flash by him for cheaper price lol. We for sure need to get together my door is always open in Fargo.
I am very happy with the tune. Good news is you should have sensors with replaceable batteries. I have replaced batteries in one of mine a couple times. I get down that way now and then. Thanks for the
Offer.

When you have a chance brother while you're bike is on center stand could you measure your stock adjustable links length so I could have a guide? My name is David Cruz 701-840-6403 anytime

Welcome. Dang, wish my '22 had silver wheels, it's all black. Looks great. Lots of knowledge here and quite a bit of good natured ribbing.

David, which Flash are you getting? Hopefully the MRP.

On the Center stand/lowering link issue;
(As it happens) I'm currently talking to another member that is having the same problems.
His bike has Soupy Lowering Links and no canter stand.

I'm trying to help him find a way to:
** raise the bike so that he can change his Lowering Links,
** and/or shorten his center stand for reinstallation,
** and/or install a stock height center stand.

When you start on that project let us know and we can share our solutions.

Ride safe, Ted

PS:
We have a lot of fun on the Forum.
It's all in fun and keeps things from getting boring.
But sometimes ya gotta have a thick skin.

In addition to us picking on the Steve's etc, EVERYONE likes to pick on me.
For instance, they don't understand that RED is the fastest color. 🤯
** I suggest that you just ignore them like I do.
Ted yes mountain premuim tune arrived back last week but haven't been able to drive bike yet restoring back to stock height just waiting on parts. mean while change oil also inline filters airfilter t rex crash guards currently working on now direction for installation could be better. black widow full exhaust new tires also spark plugs winter project addressing tpms and will be doing radiator flush and cam sensor o ring while doing plugs and exhaust as mention. want to enjoy bike some before winter hits Aug 4, 2023 was my purchased date heck haven't enjoyed yet. I did replace center stand also correct lenght side stand just waiting on stock links to arrived. Thanks for asking apperciate your asking.

Welcome and congratulations on scoring a great bike. My 09 had a dead rear wheel TPMS when I bought her last year. I replaced the battery at both tire changes (last spring and this spring) and have yet to get a reading. My hope is to research the threads to pick up the car unit (I recall Mazda maybe) that can be used. My next hurdle is to find someone with the Kawasaki computer unit to match it to the bike. Won't need to mess with it until next spring so just will keep riding now.