• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New rear entry helmet

Looks interesting!  I wonder how it does with DOT and Snell testing. I'm not sure how much I trust those latches.

Good find. It reminds of the rear entry ski boots from the 80's. I like the idea of no chin strap, and I believe their claims that it's quieter with less buffeting. My test would be how easy you can put the helmet on with ear buds. They didn't mention cavities for speakers or pin lock for the visor. It will be interesting to see how well they sell.

I don't think I'd like to go back to carrying a spare visor. Kinda got used to the internal shade in the Shark and now the Shoei.
Those of us with long hair might have issues with shutting the lid, plus it has twice as many catches as my current one - and I tore off a fingernail with that this week.  :'(

I read an article on this helmet this morning on Gizmag.  Pretty slick, but the design would limit it to a cool to cold weather helmet as far as I'm concerned.  Even though it cuts down on wind noise, I never wear the chin apron on my Neotec.  Just too stuffy. The shape of this helmet would be a permanent chin apron.

I read the whole way through the article, just to get to the end where they said, "We don't know what the price will be yet".  It wouldn't surprise me if it makes a Schuberth look inexpensive.     

Nice YouTube ad. He doesn't mention how well, or not, the helmet goes on for someone who wears glasses. Also, with the bottom of the helmet so form fitting, it looks to me like it would be like wearing an oven on your head in Texas. The vents alone on my Shoei aren't enough to keep my head cool, so I need the extra air coming in from the bottom of the helmet for cooling.

I like the idea. It is going to be a major issue with EMT . They may not see the QR code and  if they do I dont know if they all carry screw drivers?

I saw this online it looks pretty nifty but then when I read the details it has a chin cup that seats against your chin.  How comfortable can that be?  I'll stick with my neotec for now! :great: