• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New rider in town...

Sixgun17

Tricycle
I'm now a bona fide member of COG.  I've been eyeing the 14 since they came out, but never quite pulled the trigger.  My CBR1100XX just kept rolling through the miles, and kept sending that tingle down my spine.

However, last weekend my personal odometer rolled over to the Big 50, and my wife gave me a 2011 for my birthday!  Any wonder I'm the happiest married man in America?

I have all of 230 miles on the bike so far (just back and forth to work) but I'm really enjoying her.  Except for the seat - it sucked from the very first mile.  Item #1 on the list of expected changes.

Anyway, I'm glad to be aboard.  I've lurked now and then over the last few years just to get a sense of how riders like their bikes, and how the members here behave.  I have to say I'm pretty impressed with both!

Congrats and welcome on both the new C14 and your COG membership! Also, Black or Silver? :welcome:

By the way, people will want to know. Does your wife have a sister?  :))

Does that wife of yours have a generous sister?  Congrats on the new machine! and welcome to the monkey house!  8)

Thanks for the kind welcome.  Yes, my wife has a sister but she's already attached.

BTW, the new baby is silver.  I've had my fill of trying to keep a black bike clean with the CBR!

Welcome Scott,  She gave you WHAT!  That just ain't right.  I bet she used your money?  Got to do dishes the rest of your life... somin

Sixgun said:
I'm now a bona fide member of COG.  I've been eyeing the 14 since they came out, but never quite pulled the trigger.  My CBR1100XX just kept rolling through the miles, and kept sending that tingle down my spine.

However, last weekend my personal odometer rolled over to the Big 50, and my wife gave me a 2011 for my birthday!  Any wonder I'm the happiest married man in America?

I have all of 230 miles on the bike so far (just back and forth to work) but I'm really enjoying her.  Except for the seat - it sucked from the very first mile.  Item #1 on the list of expected changes.

Anyway, I'm glad to be aboard.  I've lurked now and then over the last few years just to get a sense of how riders like their bikes, and how the members here behave.  I have to say I'm pretty impressed with both!

Welcome to the party!  You're going to make everyone jealous with that gift. :bravo_2:
  If you can tough it through the ride out, this guy can fix your seat issues
http://www.richscustomseats.com/
He can even put you up for the night while he works on your stuff.  Now that you've got that great bike, you should experience some of the best roads in the world.  I can't think of a better reason to ride west and have a seat custom fit to your own butt.  Somewhere between Idaho and the Pacific ocean you will begin to seriously consider what it will take for you to be able to relocate. ;)

Welcome to the COGdom... Yer gonna like these folks!!!!  :You_Rock_Emoticon:
In the COGdom, we're all Sorta like family.

Speaking of which,, "Hey Brother" can I borrow yer motorcikle????
<evil grin>    :))

Ride safe, Ted

I'd love nothing better than to head out West on a new two-wheeler.  The Blackbird and I used to run out every year for a couple of weeks.  Made it as far as Arizona, Utah, and Wyoming over the years, but haven't been able to make the time for it over the last few.

My wife and I just got back a few weeks ago from burning a big chunk of my vacation time hunting in Zimbabwe, so I don't expect to making any extended trips this year.  I'll have to make do with long weekends, but it beats having to settle for just the daily commute.

Still, I do appreciate the seat mod recommendation.  I'm very interested in making sure I have a comfortable "interface" with the new bike.  I have a Corbin on the CBR that's treated me well over the years, but that was bought about 12 years ago.  Not sure it tells me what to expect from them on this bike, so I'm trying to do my research.