• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Shoei NeoTec

Rod Bensken

Took my maiden voyage this morning.  Love the new helmet.  The built in sun visor was great.
Got the yellow one, can see me a mile away.
My old Shoei was 8 years old, can't believe how sloppy it had gotten.
Why Shoei?  I've tried about 12 different kinds, and Shoei just fits my head the best.

I have tried a bunch of helmets. I don't know if my Nolan N103 or the Neotec actually fits better. They both fit me good. I like the NEotech better. But probably will keep both. The Neotec if an advancement (as most newer helmets). So I like it a lot (except the price).

I just installed the Sena SMH10 communicator on my NeoTec yesterday.  Took it out today and the speakers are great inside the Shoei helmet.  The cutouts in the NeoTec fit the speakers well and they're deep enough to keep them just off your ears when the helmet's on. 

Let me know if you get any whistle through the helmet visor though.  It may just be my wind screen or riding position but I do get a whistle at times. 

I do get a whistle from time to time.  I found out that it is worse when I have the face shield just cracked open.  If it's 1/4 open its quite again.

I just ordered a Neotec in bright yellow to replace a 2 year old Multitec. 

I  liked the fit of the Multi, but the cheek pads keep falling out (For some reason, once I removed them the first time to wash them they never stay snapped in tightly anymore) and frankly I found the Multi to be the worst vented helmet of any I have used.

Hoping the Neo is better :)

Not bad,  keep in mind that all modulars are going to be a bit more noisy then a proper full face, but overall it's not bad at all :)

I just  purchased a Multi and unlike Mad River find the venting just fine. What I did find nice was the way the face shield could be adjusted to stop air leaks and that helps to keep the noise down. The speaker pockets work fine too.I also use a HJC carbon fiber and the Multi is quieter and better vented. The Multi is better finished, the fits are about the same.

For what it's worth. IMO, The Multitech was OK. But the Neotech is much better as to ventilation.  The Neotech is also pretty quiet. But there will definitely quieter traditional full face helmets out there. But as far as modulars go. The Neotech is one of the best. And I have had quite a few modulars now.

OK thanks guys. I have been looking at the NeoTech to replace my AVG modular which is getting hard to find smoked face shields for. The AVG is makes more noise than I like but I have a bunch of miles on one.

I tried on a Nolan and discovered my forehead gets pinched.