• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New side marker lights/turn signals behave strangely

lprising

Tricycle
Hello All,

I just finished replacing the factory side reflectors with Murph's side marker/turn signal lights. I followed the wiring instructions found here on the forum earlier. The two sides are basically wired identically, still, the turn signals work in "alternate" mode with the factory front signals on the left hand side, while they work "normally on the right hand side". What can be the problem?

Thank you in advance for any tips!

Las

Recheck your wiring on the left side. The turn signal is grounding thru the marker light (or vice versa). GM cars used to do this. I actually wired mine to work this way. I'm pretty sire it's a wiring issue.

Eddie

Eddie-FL said:
Recheck your wiring on the left side. The turn signal is grounding thru the marker light (or vice versa). GM cars used to do this. I actually wired mine to work this way. I'm pretty sire it's a wiring issue.

Eddie

I keep mine like this as well, just to get the attention of drivers at intersections, and it works.