• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New to COG

drewski

Training Wheels
Hi all, New member to COG. Bought an '86 Concours (Agnes) w/ 26,500 miles back in April and have put on 2500 miles, mostly local New England riding. Have been looking at this site for Tech info, forum, and been somewhat active on the other website with some newbie questions. Have had 8-9 bikes over the last 30 years, and this one is great - price and performance can't be beat. (Although the farkles are starting to add up. I'm in Western Mass, and Rt. 116, 66, and 20 are the best motorcycle roads around. Anyone local that's wrenching on occasion. Looking to meet and ride with other members. Drew

Welcome Drew: You have a good number of members in New England, surprised one hasn't popped in already. As for your 86, that is what we call the 'Silver Damnit', just a little different than all other years. Surprised you found one with that few miles. I'm sure you will get far more enjoyment out of it. Again, welcome, and of course, tcars John

Hi & Welcome Drew...
You have a good number of members in New England, surprised one hasn't popped in already.
They were probably out riding this weekend... Yes - The NE area is very active... including MA and northern New England. Check out the online event calendar schedule for upcoming events.

Welcome from NY! Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

Welcome Drew, I'm in Monson and can possibly help you out with wrenching and other stuff. My brother in law Greg Habel is hosting a ride on Sept. 11th to Vanilla Bean in CT and we can use the MA support since it looks like the CT riders might start a turf war at the bean ;)

Pat & Sher in MA Thanks for the offer for the Vanilla Bean Ride in Sept. Love to go if I can. Any details?? ALso, help with wrenching would be great. Need to remove carbs soon and need rear tire real soon. Might be able to handle that one to bring to dealer. And thank all the rest of you for the welcome, much appreciated. Drew

Drew, The Vanilla Bean ride is in the scheduled rides forum and you can find all the details on the member calendar as well. I can help with the tire changing and carb removal/rebuild when the time comes. It sounds like you need the tire pretty quickly and I'll be around this weekend if you have a new rear tire to put on it.

Pat and Sher, Found the sign up for the Vanilla Bean run, and will sign up. Thanks for the offer for help, I may take you up on the tire change this weekend, but need to get a tire ordered ASAP, just having trouble making a decision. HaChayalBoded has a Metzler 880 for sale on the other site for $150.00, but was thinking a radial Avon might be nice for the same $ including shipping, but I don't think it will pair up well with Metzler front. Any advice? Drew