• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

new to the connie

Ian S

Big Wheel
Hi everyone. My name is Ian Snook.I live in the far N/W suburbs of Chicago (I can throw a rock into Wisconsin, almost)I am at the tender age of 40 and have been riding continuously since age 10-11. I Just purchased an 08 Concours. mint with 6K on the odo. corbin seat and area P exhaust which I like. I have owned numerous bikes over the years and came up through the ranks on on dual sports which I have always had in the barn regardless of how many bikes I own at the time or am currently riding. Currently a 73 Suzuki 750 GT (water buffalo / Kettle), and a 99 XR650L, Just god rid of a 02' Nomad. I did not set out to own a Concours I was aiming for a BMW RT. Test rode the Concours and I just thought to myself "this is a fantastic machine!", I could not justify paying for the Beemer. I test rode the two the same day, both used in perfect condition. I confess I still love the BMW but I have one German product laying around and thats enough to stave off any excess currency from accumulating. 86' 911 Carrera. I was always a hard core Honda guy but I've been converted! The last couple of machines i've owned have been Kawi's. I look and look and ride em and for some reason or another the Kawasaki just comes up the winner, especially at the  price point for their products. I am a definite gear head and tinkerer so I will be asking many questions and hope to contribute as well. Thanks to all in advance who may answer some of my possibly dumb questions.

Cheers: Capt. Ian

Welcome Ian  ^-^

The silver C14 are the fastest color by far.  Enjoy your new ride  :beerchug:

Welcome Capt. Ian.

Is your Water Buffalo a runner?

My second bike was a brand new '72 Water Buffalo, the one with the drum brakes up front. Had it for 26k mi, incuding a trip from MN out to the Spokane World's Fair(74?), then sold it to my late F-I-L, who put a bunch more on it. I wouldn't mind another one.

Riiiiiiiiiinnnngg ding ding ding ding ding.

the buffalo is getting new front grippers. total overhaul. parts are scarce=$$$. runs great 16K original mi. Thanks to everyone for the welcome! Love this new c-14. undecided on the tires like many. I had a couple of interceptors so im used to the heat from connie although I think it may be worse. I prefer fall and spring riding so it's a compromise.

Ian

Hi Capt. Ian,

You don't say what kind of captain you are.  (Airline?  Military?  Kangaroo?)  Anyway please check the calendar for several club events in your backyard yet this year.  It's a long winter so get it while you can.

Reminds me of a story.  So this this guy suspects his wife of cheating on him so he confronts her.  "Have you been seeing that airline pilot behind my back?"  She says "I've told you niner thousand times, negative!"

Jerry Roland

Ian, welcome to the group.

Conrgats on the new bike. Your gonna love it!

I know of another person that has a running Water Buffalo. He is  NOT local but may swap info with you if your interested?

Ride safe, Ted