• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New user location problem

jimp

Sport Tourer
I've noticed that the area shown in a users post does not match up with their location info in their profile. Ex.: Beer Knurd - displayed area SW Region, profile Texas.  When did Texas join the SW Region?  ;D

BTW, I've only noticed this behavior with new users.

I thought Texas was it's own country. Well at least Texas does!  :))

I obviously haven't been paying attention to this. Now I'll have to start looking at where people are from closer!

It is up to the new user to read close the joining text and pick the correct COG area.  Many times they don't.  If Beer Knurd does live in Texas but choose SW area then he will have to contact membership and correct it.

It is what it is.  No better option has been found yet.

Most times these discrepancies begin when a member chooses the incorrect area when joining.  Then at some later point they realize it and send an email to Membership Director to correct it. The info may then be corrected in the main COGMOS database, but will not been carried over and refreshed here until the person logs out and back in on the forum.