• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

New Year Day Ride

creaky

Moped
Took a New Year Day ride with a local sport tour group, RTE at Perkins, short ride afterwards. WX was not bad for Jan. 1 in this neck of the woods, 50F, spotty rain showers. Had to take refuge under an overpass for about 20 minutes on the way to Perkins but didn't need to don the rain gear, Connie keeps the WX flowing around pretty well. Visited the "Loveland Castle" in Loveland, OH, built by an eccentric old geezer named Harry Andrews, did it all by hand. He started in 1929 and took over 50 years to complete it.

Attachments

• DSCN0871a.jpg
    DSCN0871a.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0872a.jpg
    DSCN0872a.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0873a.jpg
    DSCN0873a.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0874a.jpg
    DSCN0874a.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 81
Our New Years ride started with 38 degrees and black ice...  then warmed to almost 50 degrees. Lots of bikes showed up at Toymakers Cafe in Falls Village, CT

IMGP7068-1024x680.jpg

Rode over backroads to Olympia WA for a coffee meet with the Oly RAT group.
Cold but no frost at 9AM, warm 50 F and continued dry getting back home at 2PM.

DANGIT!
I went out to fire up the turbo for a spin and found the new battery (purchased 10-7-2011 at Wal-Mart in Amarillo) to be dead.  Put it on the charger and it read "bad".  I had replaced the Motobatt I got from Murph with it when going to see my mom for her 80th birthday.  I loved the Motobat battery, but it played out.  I had let it go dead early on when messing with the EFI and it sat dead for a week.  It took a charge back and worked for me for almost two years.

Well, I yank the Wal-Mart battery and truck on over there to check out the replacement policy and find out that the $100 aGM "Premium" battery has a 30 day warranty and I've had it almost 90 days.  GRRRRR! 

So, I get home still fuming (No, I did NOT buy another battery with another 30 day warranty... I ain;t THAT stupid)..  SO, I look on Murph's site again to look at the Motobat and find it has a two year replacement warranty. Woo HOO I think since I'm sure I bought it mid-January of 2010.  But after looking all over for the receitpt I find I got it December 16 2009. Two years and two weeks ago.  DOUBLE DANGIT!  So, no New Year's ride for chucky this year.  :truce:  I give up.

No pics, just glad to get out and ride in the crisp air. Started off 40 deg, by the time I came home, it was about 7 deg warmer, but the wind made it's presence
known the entire ride..No problem, just stayed off the interstate, and back roads all the way. It was a good day!