• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Newb!

DanLong

Mini Bike
I bought a new '11 Connie on 10/1. Almost 700 miles in and over due for the 1st service which is scheduled for tomorrow. Loving the bike so far, I don't know why I waited so long to get one. Back in 06 I was bike shopping and the dealer had a C10 that caught my eye. I didn't get it, but have always wanted one. For the last 2 years I've been sitting on the Connies on the showroom floor, and finally decided it was time. I spent some time on a buddies ST1100 and found I liked the riding style vs the cruiser setup.

A little about me, I'm from Delaware, 48yrs old, have 2 (mostly) grown kids 24 and 23 yrs old. Been married for 28yrs. I'm a computer geek by day, a musician by night. I'm a former competitive powerlifter, and was pretty involved in working dog training for a while- personal protection type stuff with my German Shepherd.

My wife and I both ride. She's on a 2007 Vulcan 1500 and belongs to a women's riding group, and goes all over the place. She does one long ride a year, the 2000 miles in 10 days type of thing where they pick a destination, ride there, then ride around the area for a few days and ride home, along with a lot of weekend trips. It's a great group for her. I'm more of a weekend/ after work hit the back country roads type of rider, but I do a couple longer trips each year. I came off a Vulcan 1600 to get on the Connie. Kawasaki makes a great bike and this is the 4th one for us. We had a Vulcan 750 for a while as well.

This is a great site and I've already stuffed my brain with info on the bike. Looking forward to hanging around and getting to know everyone.   

:welcome:

Welcome to the world of the Concours and to the COG forum.  The COG Northeast area is very active and during the riding season there are many opportunities to come out to one of our events. Please take a peek at the online calendar of events. There are still a few activities pending before the close of the riding season. Come on out meet some of the local members.

Welcome Dan! I lived in Christiana back in the late 80's to the early 90's, and rode all over the Delmarva area. I'm in PA, Washington Crossing area, near New Hope,
and we have rides in NJ and PA, though the storms have done a job on the back roads here.. We'll be posting rides and gatherings in the calender for
our locals and anyone who would like to join us. Hope to meet up soon!

Jim